Thursday, October 2, 2008

Future President of the United States

This title may be confusing but I went to a rally yesterday for Jim Risch (running for a US Senate Seat) & guess who came!!! DRUM ROLL....Mitt Romney. I admit that is actually the reason that I went.

We actually didn't know about it & Chris was driving to an appointment & heard about the rally on the radio. He quickly called me since he knows I'm obsessed with politics. Since the late notice we had two options; I go by myself or we take the kids. Chris really didn't care to go but I kind of wanted Jaden to see it thus the whole family went.

I want to get more involved & be aware aware of issues & candidates even on a local level although most of my attention is on a national level. It was so fun to listen to the speeches (they were short which was surprising but nice). Mitt was perfect of course. I really wanted to run Jaden up to him for a photo op but it was getting late & I didn't want to be obnoxious. That picture would have been worth a lot when Mitt wins & yes, he will win in the future:)

Remember to catch the VP debate tonight. I'm very nervous for Palin...I think nerves are interfering with her abilities. It's funny but having a women running I often compare how I'd be feeling; sounds strange I know. I bet last night she was lying in bed with her husband with nervous ramblings & possible tears for the debate tonight. I'd imagine she continues to question her decision & whether it was best for her family. She probably has moments of 100% confidence & other moments of feeling 100% overwelmed. I know that those are the emotions I would be experiencing if I were in her shoes. BUT you'll never catch them admit it:) We are definately living history at this moment...hopefully we'll be able to look back on it as a time America grew, not a time of hardship.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

WAY TO GO, Kimri!! That's awesome you went. I'm glad you are into politics, too. My Dad is WAY into it so it drives me a bit nutty talking to him, TOO much... he's really paranoid but it's exciting times.

Brittney said...

I'm actually listening to it right now. It makes me so nervous.