Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The fruits of our labor


My mom & I canned today. YUM!!! We did apple pie filling & applesauce. I've never really canned before so I was excited to try it. We plan to do some more on Monday & I'm hoping to hide some mashed up carrots in the Mondays batch for Jaden who recently has taken a disliking to veggies. Kids, what do ya do???



I've had a couple people ask how I'm doing my digital pages. I use Photoshop elements....it's the simplest photoshop there is & I love it. I like to do my pages really simple so it's served it's purpose. I purchased it at Walmart for $60 or $70 so it's affordable & soooooo much cheaper then REAL scrapbooking. I've been uploading my pages into a shutterfly photobook. There are tons of companies out there that do these & I don't think that shutterfly is the cheapest but I prepaid for 4 books for $80 (20 pages each). I plan to do 1 book for each child a year. Jaden's book right now is about 30 pages & Landons 24 pages so I do have to pay $.99 per page that I've went over. If you compare that to the price of binders, covers, scrapbook paper, & embellishments it's a steal. PLUS there is no mess...I love it. I should mention I'm doing the 8X8 books & not 12x12. It's more of a storybook size and I liked that better. I hope this helps! AND if you don't want to do your own pages there are tons of companies (shutterfly included) that have premade ones that you just add & drop your pictures & writing. It's a timesaver; I'm doing one for my brother on a mission & I love it except there are some limitations with font selections & backgrounds.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

are these apples from mom's trees? I wish I were there to do this with you guys. I have never really canned before either. I need to learn.

Burrellblog said...

That's so funny that we canned on the same day and both decided to post about it on our blogs. Great minds must think alike.

Brittney said...

I am switching over to blogger at the end of the month because my xanga account is up for renewal. I am in serious need of a tutorial. HELP!!!