Sunday, October 5, 2008

a family style weekend...

Conference was fabulous & it's nice to just slow down & reflect & not run in a million directions on a Saturday.

Listening to the speakers can be difficult with two little ones but just having it on in our home brings a more reverent spirit.

I worked with Jaden on who the Prophet was. He kept insisting that President Monson was School...I was kind of confused. I didn't let him get off my lap until he understood that he was the Prophet, or no longer thought he was school?. I told him that it is who he prays for everyone night. I hope these moments make a small impact on a young mind.

We did take a moment between the Saturday Sessions to go to a pumpkin patch to let Jaden pick out a pumpkin. He started out with some really large pumpkins & settled on a really small one when he realized how heavy they were. We do think he is too young to carve it this year so we plan to just display it on a bench in our front yard. Jaden has other plans & partially buried it in the backyard. We'll see if it ends up in front.



FUNNY MOMENT!!! Yesterday morning I woke up because my yard is ugly & driving me crazy. I needed a moment without kids to dig in the dirt & get something done before conference. I was working in the backyard (chris was at the gym with the kids) & I hear a boy crying really loud. I at first assume that it's a neighbor boy so I ignore it for a while. After awhile I figure I better see what's going on so I go to the front yard to find a little boy from a couple streets over stalled in his motorized car. It was raining slightly and he was very unhappy. All he could do was cry for his dad & wasn't able to tell me where he lived. I asked him if I could push him home. Keep in mind I'm covered in mud. He doesn't say a word the whole time & I only know we're at his house because he pushed on the breaks so that I couldn't push him anymore. I was quite the sight!!!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

What happened to the rest of your funny moment story. I am assuming that there's more to it as it just cuts off that there was a little boy crying loudly. That's not very nice if you call a crying little boy a funny story. :)

Kim said...

Funny story finished!!! Sorry...my computer kepts freezing & it must have saved without the whole thing:) It's probably only funny because I looked so ridiculous.

Rachel said...

That was so kind of you to push him back home! By the way..you need to teach me how to do that digital scrapbook thing! Your pictures are always so cute!

DPies said...

Loving those scrap book pages! What program are you using?