Sunday, October 19, 2008

Singing Fiasco

So I've done really well to get out of singing in a ward choir or evening singing period...I know, I'm hiding my talent in the sand:) When we moved into my new ward the 2nd week I had someone come & tell me that they heard that I sing & wanted me to be in the ward choir. Then they brought me over a goodie bag & informed me they had lined up a babysitter for me during choir practice & that we'd only practice for 30 minutes. I knew I couldn't get out of it but I was really angry at Chris because I'm thinking that he's told on me. In our ward is a guy that I attended high school with & it clicked so I went & asked & he's the one that told & he proudly told me he did. So I've been attending but missed a couple of practices so today when they said that we were singing I didn't go up since I didn't know the song. Chris was taking Jaden to the bathroom. The choir director came to the mike & started talking about the song & how it was really difficult & that the Choir President called this morning from Florida because she was worried & to just make sure Sister Murphy was there & that everyone would be fine. Then she turned & looked at me & said "someone come & take her baby so that she can sing.' I rushed to the stand muttering to those next to me that I didn't know the song. So we come to the ending & no one is singing because no one knows it. I can't find the note so I made up the ending....ah!!!! I'm really worried that everyones expectations have now been set too high since our whole ward now knows that I sing. I'm already singing a solo next Sunday & how that came to be is a story of its own.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

remember the parable of the man who buried his talents...you've got it so use it! I am such a hypocrite because I would never in a million years sing a solo. Then again, I don't have your voice either.

What an interesting/strange thing for the lady to actually call you up.

Jenna Johnson said...

I made matt read this post because I laughed so hard!! I love awkward moments!