Monday, June 14, 2010

What motivates you????

Motivation is an interesting thing.....

Jaden finished preschool a week ago & I wanted him to have a week off before I put him on a structured summer schedule. I wanted him to have responsibilities & continue to work on reading...my goal is that he can read before he starts kindergarten....he's really close.

Last night as he went to bed I laid down with him & showed him his chart of things to complete every day. For each item he completed he'd get a point & each point would give him a certain amount of computer time.


Jaden LOVES computer time....too much! It's actually a battle to get him off!

Yesterday I couldn't talk. I've been losing my voice. I haven't been sick so it's been a little bazaar. I decided...maybe it's allergies so I took some allergy medicine yesterday that made me really sleepy!

This morning....Jaden is up before 7 am, runs to my room, I can hardly move & he announces he's going to clean the toy room. I should mention that he does a really good job! Then run & makes his bed, then runs outside to clean the backyard only to run back in telling me it's too cold. That was ok with me since I'm wanting him to slow down.


Long story, short, computer time is in the afternoon at our home. I like it to be the quiet time during that day & something Jaden looks forward too! Since I had a lot to get done this morning & head over to my sister-in-laws to help her move in (yay...they are here), I didn't have time to sit down with Jaden to work on reading so we came in the middle, he could play on the computer but only hooked on phonics until we needed to go.


Tonight I debate, allergy medicine or not? My voice is a little better so I think it's helping! If Jaden is as motivated as today I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with allergy medicine in my system:):):)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I wish I had that kind of motivation!!! I hope it continues. Sorry your a little under the weather. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Holly said...

CUTE! I want one make me one! I would totally pay you I love it!