Wednesday, June 9, 2010

progress....

I thought I'd share how I'm doing on my challenge. I think by sharing it helps to motivate me....today I was walking down the frozen food aisle & more then anything wanted to buy yummy ice cream. I stopped myself & hopefully I can stop myself the next time too:):):)

Here's the point breakdown.

1. Drink 48 ounces of water a day Easy for me. I drink a lot more then this...except yesterday. I was chugging water late into the night to get my point.
2. 45 minutes of exercise (doesn't have to be consecutive) I was already excercising regularly BUT 6 days has been a lot for me. I've had to do a couple of Sunday workouts to get all my points...shame on me!
3. No soda or alcohol Um....EASY! I've drank maybe 1 soda in two years and never a drop of alcohol. It's like a free point:)
4. No sweets (desserts, pastries, candy, or sugary snacks) Sugar-free alternatives are okay All I can say is "thank goodness for sugar-free alternatives". I like my sweets and although they don't taste as good as the real thing they come in a close second.
.5. No fast food, or unhealthy snacks This one hasn't been too difficult. If we do fast food I usually pick up a salad. I usually like healthy snacks but occassionaly crave potato chips. My new favorite snack is crackerbread with light laughing cow cheese.
6. Consume 2 servings of fruits and 2 servings of vegetables Usually pretty easy although I've had a couple of times when it was near the end of the day & I had to consume my fruits & veggies. I now try to do a fruit/veggie shake for breakfast.
7. No eating after 8p.m. HARD!!!! I like to eat after my kids go to bed so I have a moment of peace. I've had to change this habit & it hasn't been easy. I usually will do a crystal light over ice to fill that void but it's not the same. I'm sure my calorie intake is less from this one.
8. Read 15 minutes of spiritual or uplifting text EASY!
9. Write in your journal (Daily blogs count, too.) Express specific appreciation, love, or praise in your journal...a goal of two or three items is a good goal! I've played with what works best for me & right now (I still do blog) I've found a small thankful journal to write in throughout the day works best for me. At some point I'll share some of the things I've written on my blog.
10. Personal goal- each week make a personal goal for everyday or make a goal for the entire week. ( Like reading more to the kids, organize a closet, get 8 hours of sleep, etc...) This has been good because I've had a couple of things I've put off that I've gotten done.

ONE FREE POINT PER AREA, PER WEEK..for example: only one day with sweets a week, only one day without exercise, one late night snack per week........or one whole day free. This DAY savAdd Imagees me.....I need it for my sanity:):):)Text Color

I have managed to lose 3 lbs...this is good since I really haven't lost any weight this year....I know I lost inches with p90x & I care more about inches then lbs so not losing much weight this year doesn't mean I haven't made progress because I think I have:)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed reading that, and hope that it motivates me to get back on track. I did great for the first little bit, but have been slacking, as my points show! 6 days a week exercising is hard for me too, I wish it was 5! The sweets is what kills me. I have yet to buy sugar alternitives, and desperately need to invest in some. BUT that has been the points killer for me! I wish that I had a perfect score like you do, but after Memorial Weekend and letting myself indulge in smores, I have had a hard time getting the sugar out of my system! BUT...I am doing way better then I did before! I guess that is what its all about. Thanks for the motivation to keep going!

Jason has been in wyoming working for just a few day, I feel terrible for you! Having Chris gone so much must be terrible. I am so sorry! Hopefully things will turn around soon.

AND whenever you want to come do my new cardio workout, I can conveniently leave the gate open for us! Just let me know!!!!!

Brandi said...

Oh and I would LOVE to have your recepie for your breakfast smoothie. I think that is such a great way to get in a fruit and a veggie. My fruits are usually pretty easy, but sometime I struggle with a veggie! I am getting sick of eating carrots...they are what I always fall back on! But you eat way healthier then I do!

Brittney said...

I will confirm that you have made progress this year because I just saw you and it was quite obvious. I am very proud of you.

I really like this point system. It makes you accountable. What is it with the sweet tooth in our family. That's definitely my biggest challenge as well-GRR!!!

Aj's crazy days said...

Keep it up Kimri!

Jenna Johnson said...

I think you've lost more then 3 pounds this year! When I saw you yesterday you looked way good! Your scale lies!!! I sure wish I was doing this...but we all know I would fail!