Friday, March 27, 2009

my NEW purchase

Ever since I went to a "wheat" class 9 months ago I was very motivated to cook with wheat. After the class I began researching wheat grinders & was taken back by the price...the cheapest being $200. So I purchased already ground wheat from the store but knew it's much healthier to cook with freshly ground wheat.

So as one of my many new years resolutions I wanted to completely transform the way I cook. I again started doing research & decided I was going to just have to take the plunge until I found on some random blog that coffee grinders do the same thing. You can grind cracked wheat to wheat flour. So excited I waited to use up all my wheat flour (I wasn't going to throw it away) & today I went & bought me a coffee grinder for a whopping $16 at Walmart. It can only do one cup at a time but when I ground wheat for pizza the smell overtook me & there was nothing that could beat it.

I'm now using meat wheat, bean mash, cracked wheat & wheat berries in many of our dishes. It adds fiber & is so good for you. So I'm very excited to share my purchase with you & encourage you to cook with wheat too! You now can't afford not to:)

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Kimri,
Hey! Did you go to the wheat class at the college? I went last Saturday and learned a ton of things to use wheat for. The lady cooks wheat berries in a crock pot on Sun. night, then uses them all week in hamburger, over pizza, in casseroles, in stir-fry, etc... we learned a million things to use wheat, wheat sprouts, wheat grass, etc. It was awesome. If you want to learn more, we can talk.

Goss Family said...

That's so good to know! Thanks!