Thursday, March 12, 2009

Customer Service

As many of you know my "World Gym" experience has not been a positive one. The story continues much beyond what happened back in May of last year. On top of incorrect information being given about the end of our contract and what we need to do they now have overcharged us. Our OFFICIAL cancellation date was to be the 10th of March in which we get two months free (or deferred for months that we couldn't use the gym). So when I was charged the full $100 (yep, that's what we pay...you'd think we'd get semi-decent service) for this month I called billing informing them we should only pay 1/3 of that. She informed me you are charged for the full month even though you only get through the 10th of the month but she reassured me this was the last month we'd be billed. Frustrated I hung up & didn't argue. I then took Landon to the gym only to be greated with almost HALF the staff having quit. One of them being the only girl in "Kids World" that really went the extra mile with a very difficult Landon. 20 minutes into my work out I'm intrrupted to be told that Landon is too upset to comfort so we head home. I do not blame the staff...they're great. I blame the Manager 100%...he was the manager in Rexburg when we went there & was transferred to IF right when we moved. I kid you not. Yeah...we followed a nightmare that doesn't treat his employees with respect or his CUSTOMERS.

So now I'm really mad & decided that I am not going to be kicked again with paying for the full month. I call them back...get a guy this time & he tells me the same thing. I inform him I've read the contract & LEGALLY they can not charge me for the full month & ask to speak to a supervisor. I get transferred to voicemail. Now I'm really not happy so I left a long, unhappy message and I said (this is so bad...but I really want them to do something right) "I will be a pain in your butt until you get this taken care of." I never talk like that...this was just the icing on the cake. I really don't think we could have had a WORSE experience. Truely in every possible way they failed. Kids World (in Rexburg, I like the one in IF), poor managements, incorrect billing, poor communication, been lied to (by the manager NUMEROUS times) we signed our contract being told they have a location in TWIN falls for Chris; their website even still states it a year later,...this list goes on.

Ok so NOW to something positive. If you know Chris you know he WAS very addicted to Soda. He drank an enourmous (sp?) amount of soda daily...I don't even think i have a clue how much it was. Chris has replaced this addiction with Powerade Zero and Rice Cakes. Yes...an odd replacement but a GREAT one. SO when the Smith ad came yesterday I was shocked to see that I could get the Powerade Zero for $.49 a bottle (the cheapest I ever see it is as Walmart for $.87.) On top of that they had rice cakes on sale too. So this morning instead of going to the gym Landon & I headed to Smiths. When I went to ring up I informed the guy that I'd need a card since I've never shopped there before. At that point the bagger & checker were so enthusiastic about Smith's & told me about Sales & what a great place it was to shop. WOW, it was so refreshing to actually see someone not just do there job, but do it with a smile.

Right now there are more people then there are jobs. I think that I'm part of a very LAZY generation that does just enough & then goes home. I hope the bright spot out of this whole economy mess will be to teach people to work hard (all the handouts aren't helping this) and to appreciate their job. Work Ethic is such an important trait that I hope that I can install in my children. If you are in a business where you have customers (I'm pretty sure that every job has a customer at some point) you treat that customer with respect & go the extra mile for them. They might be a difficult customer & tell you "they're going to be a pain in your butt":) but you still help them to fix the problem.

Enough rambling!!!!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Kimri I am so sorry about all of your problems at the gym! You try and do something good for yourself and it kicks you in the butt! So sorry. Thanks for reminding us about the importance of a good work ethic. I agree it is lacking so much these days! I have to add...it "they" would do there jobs right and honest in the first place they wouldn't have difficult customers! :)

I really like Smiths...I hope that you have happy shopping there in the future!

Brittney said...

I can't believe your language. I am telling mom...just like you did EVERY time I accidentally slipped a cuss word when we were growing up. It's PAYBACK! :)

No seriously, I'm sorry that you have had such a frustration with your gym. That must be difficult when you are trying so hard to be diligent about going but you have such a major roadblock every time you do. Hopefully your weather will warm up soon so that you can at least get outside for a nice walk or bike ride.

Can't wait to see you!

Holly said...

I totally agree with you on the work ethic thing...I am so surprised how many times a week my husband and I are shaking our heads thinking those very thoughts. We are becoming a lazy generation. I wasn't too impressed with world gym either. Before we left IF Jay got me a membership and every time I went there they would bring me Jayson and the guys there at the counter were more interested in the young single girls to help, even though most had a wedding band...
Good luck with that!