Monday, March 23, 2009

A BeaUtiFuL Waterfall

Jaden best friend is his cousin Gracie (most of the time.) Now that they've moved here they are inseperable & LOVE eachother so much! I've noticed some changes in Jaden since his every waking hour is with his cousin & here is one of them.

I've taught Jaden that to go Peep (my word for Pee, it sounds much better) he must sit down & that is the only way to do it. His cousin Wyatt has taught him to stand but he moved away & I quickly went to work getting Jaden to believe that boys go peep sitting down. So you can imagine my surprise when I caught him standing on his steps to the sink at the toilet peeping from the top. Yes...he was up really high & he was peeing everywhere. I found no humor in this & quickly asked him what he was doing. He told me he was creating a beautiful waterfall. In shock I try to figure our where he came up with this. I taught him that you never stand up to go peep. I still didn't find humor but came to the conclusion that his cousin Gracie must have taught him how to be a little more creative then his mommy taught him. Needlesses to say he no longer has steps in his bathroom to help him wash his hands. He was to get on his tippy toes.

Since I don't go with Jaden to the bathroom everytime he goes I'm sure he's creating all kinds of beautiful waterfalls. Hmmmm....I'm so excited to clean my bathrooms.

3 comments:

Lorie said...

Aaaahh, the beauty of raising boys. It's in their DNA to stand up to use the bathroom. I never taught them that either, they just eventually did it on their own. How did you not crack up at the "beautiful rainbow" line? I think it's hilarious!! (Probably because I didn't have to clean it up) If it makes you feel better, Austin would go on the toilet paper roll, just wherever he felt like, It's frustrating! Good luck!

Brittney said...

That picture is precious of them. Oh that little Gracie ruined everything for you. You knew it was going to happen someday didn't you. If it wasn't Gracie I'm sure he would have walked in on his dad someday going "peep" (or do you make him sit to "peep" as well? :)

Would you email me the pics of Mel and Jeff at the temple. I thought I took a bunch of them at the temple but realized I did it on Jenna's camera. Have her email me those pics as well when she gets back in town.

It was so fun to see you guys! I can't wait to come in July when it's not so much running around for a big event.

Holly said...

Why do boys HAVE to peep standing up?! Gosh, I am always cleaning after my 5 year old! I totally know how you feel, I tried to teach mine to sit two and it never worked! Good luck!