Sunday, March 22, 2009

a GREEN feast...YUM!


I'm a little behind so here's my attempt to catch up on life. It's been a GREAT week but I'm definately tired.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked me what I was doing for St. Patricks day....I realized then that I didn't have any fun ideas nor traditions. Then I remembered that GREEN was Jaden's favorite color & that I couldn't let this day pass without celebrating. Our morning started with green pancakes & then at 11:30 am our party began. We invited all of Jaden's little friends over to enjoy green foods & play a game. Their feast consisted of green grilled cheeses, celery, jigglers, green apples, green milk, & green cupcakes. Some of the kids were a little weary of the food:) Half way through I realized I was crazy to have invited so many kids over without extra help...thankfully Jenna was on hand but it was a little crazy. I had kids in every room of my house & I literally was searching closets for some of them. I kept counting to make sure I had them all.

I hope you had a green filled day too:):):)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I don't know how I missed this post. I thought I always checked in on your updates.

This is such a cute idea, especially the ears. Unfortunately I forgot all about St. Patrick's Day and didn't do anything fun for the kids. Last year I did the green eggs and ham but that didn't go over so well and I just ended up frustrated and disappointed. Maybe it's best I didn't try anything again this year.