Wednesday, May 19, 2010

oh to be shy!

My dear sweet little Landon is a shy little guy. Today I was reminded of this as we were out doing errands!


For groceries we chose Smith's because they have the funnest little grocery carts that make the shopping experience so much easier! As we walked through the door I saw this cute old couple talking & then she discovered the little carts. She thought they were so cute & then she saw Landon & was so excited to get him one. Only problem, Landon wouldn't take it from her & ran away. Apologizing, I let her know that he was REALLy shy.


As we began our shopping I think we were maybe being stalked by a worker there. He was obsessed with playing with Landon & Landon wanted nothing to do with him. We'd enter the next aisle & he'd run down trying to scare Landon. He succeeded, but I don't think it was the way he intended. After a few episodes like this I wasn't quiet sure what to do so I'd kindly smile & go to a different aisle. Landon was getting to the point where he'd only look down & say "no". I know his intentions were good but it was getting a little awkward.


I discovered from both these episodes that there are positives & negatives to being shy. On the first occurance I would have loved Landon to have smiled & said "thank you!" On the second occurances....it was probably good Landon ignored him. Who knows what a reaction would have produced.


This little guy is so cute when he pulls his shy face; a face I have yet to capture on camera.


If he is comfortable with you he's so much fun and you couldn't get a funner two year old!


Landon, I love you buddy! Mommy was really shy when she was your age too!


2 comments:

Brandi said...

Poor little guy! Bridge and Addi both get like that. Sometimes I try really hard for it not to get to me. I hate them coming across rude. BUT...sometimes, people just dont get it. If they don't have a good reaction the first time they did something, then they need to stop!
He is such a cutie though...shy or not!

It is still listed. We would love to be in the Rigby, Rexburg, IF area. Just were ever we can find something that fits us...someday.

Brittney said...

YOU were shy? I REALLY don't remember that. :)