Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day to {ME}

Since my posts are usually gushing about my kiddos & how much I love them & they sometimes include raving reviews about my own mother so I thought I'd skip that, at least for today!

Today, I'm just excited to have a day to have an excuse to get something I wanted...kind of selfish, I know! I am one that has a hard time buying something for myself unless I have an excuse so I look forward to these holidays that give me an excuse:)
As I've posted before I've done P90x since the beginning of the year & loved it, loved it, loved it! 2 weeks ago I found myself losing motivation to do the dvd's, I'd completed about 10 min each day the whole week (most workouts are over an hour.) That saturday I did a jog & realized I REALLY needed some good cardio. P90x is AWESOME but you don't get a lot of cardio. So.......

after much nagging from Chris about what I wanted for mother's day I told him I wanted something BIGGER then we normally do.
So my present & his for fathers day (he wanted one too) is an elliptical.
I will return to p90x but I need a something different for a little while to keep my motivated.

And I'm excited for change!

I have to post this picture of my cute boys playing together. I love it when my kids play together...makes a mom smile!
Now off to enjoy good food with my mother & my grandmothers.



3 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow Kim, I can tell from the picture that the p90x has been working for you although it's always good to throw the cardio in there as well. Matt had me do the p90x abs the other day. He prefaced it by saying I shouldn't feel bad because there's no way I'd make it through the whole thing on my first try, he couldn't even do it...I totally proved him wrong. :) It was good though.
You are such a great mom to your kiddos. I am glad that you indulged in something for yourself.

Brandi said...

That is so exciting!!! I am like you though, it is so hard to buy something for myself. I am glad that you and Chris were able to get that. Cardio is the fastest way to loose weight they say!!! I have thought about getting the p90x videos,but thinking is as far as it went for me! I wish that I lived next to you, so you could motivate me, or we could work out together!!! That woudl be the best.
Anyway, I am glad that you had a good mothers day!!!

Lindsey said...

Hey i have not seen you in a while..you look AMAZING! I hope i can look that great after i have this baby! looks like life is going well for you and your family!