Monday, May 17, 2010

And so it begins...

My friend from high school Brandi posted information about a 'wellness challenge' on her blog. After reviewing it I loved everything on it & thought it had some great things that I could work on. One of them specifically is writing in a journal or daily blog expressing gratitude, appreciation, ect. So...over the next 3 months you'll see an excessive amount of posting from me. I'm going to really work hard at not having meaningless posts but posts thought out that I can reflect back on & enjoy what I wrote.

So todays post is on Jaden's pre-school teacher. Tomorrow will be her last day teaching Jaden since she'll be out for a double knee surgery.


Jaden has a very hot/cold personality & there is very little in between. How I've worried that he'd be a difficult boy to teach & I've worried he'd be the boy the teacher didn't like depending on what personality he'd bring to the classroom. I'm not sure how she's worked her magic but Jaden has excelled & she only gushes about him...I've been shocked on many occasions. I know that she must be doing something right to hold his attention & to be able to teach him so many wonderful things.

As Jaden ventures to kindergarten next year I have the same worries & only hope that he can get a wonderful teacher like his pre-school teacher. It's so nice to know that your childs teacher truely loves your child & is always excited to tell you the things they say and are learning.


All I can say is "thank you"! Teachers have a tough job & I'm grateful for the ones that do it well!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I will admitt that I am excited this morning! I think it will be wonderful to work on being a better all around person.

That is wonderful that he got such an amazing teacher. It is so hard to rely on a teacher that you hardly know to teach our precious little ones. Jayden is such a cute little boy! I hope kindergarten will be wonderful for him!!!

Em and Russ said...

We did a similar challenge as a family a couple years ago and it was awesome! At the end, if we had accumulated enough points, my parents took us on a cruise. It really motivated us and it was a lot of fun. Good luck with your goals!