Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous New Years!!! Last night we had friends over & played games...their kids played with the boys. It may sound like a boring way to bring in the New Year but we haven't played games forever & we used to love hanging out with friends & having competitions...I know we sound silly:) Our favorite competitions that we used to have was couple basketball. Each couple would compete with eachother (can't you tell I miss certain things) and the winner would play the next couple. Chris & I made a pretty good team.

Chris & I planned to stay up late after everyone left & get our resolutions down but we were too pooped so we are still working on them. For me my New Years diet doesn't start until after tomorrow because it's my Birthday (I'm getting so old) & who wants to eat healthy on their birthday.

I'm so grateful for all of our blessings and although this year wasn't a piece of cake I like where our family is at in our life & I'm excited to build from there this new year.

I'm really excited to get girl time this afternoon with friends at lunch & a movie...a good way to rejuvenate with all the things I hope to accomplish this year.

I hope everyone has a wonderful year!!!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

How fun! We did something very similar and I too love playing games and it had been so long for us too! That is a fabulous way to ring in the new year!

Maegan said...

Chris looks great! I can totally tell he has been going to the gym! I saw your mom today at the store. She is such a cute lady! Hope you have a great new year!

Brittney said...

your New year's eve was much more exciting than mine. We had made fun plans a couple weeks ago with some friends but they weren't working out so we just decided to go out to dinner and to hit a movie. An hour before we were suppose to leave, something cut my eye and I couldn't put my contacts in because it was too painful. It's no fun to go to a movie when you can't see it so we ended up sitting home instead. I was soo tired so it probably ended up being a good thing. We are rainchecking our New year's celebration for tomorrow night (yep, we're partying on your birthday).:) Happy birthday a day early!

June said...

I'm glad you had great fun on a New Year's Day! If I remember correctly, today's your birthday, isn't it? Happy Birthday! I hope you have another fun day! Love you! June