Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Festivities

What a fun filled week....but oh so busy. Hopefully I can remember all of our events. I'm glad I have a second to post a little bit about our week. Chris has taken these two weeks off so we've had lots of family time.

This week has been FULL of lots of snow. I'll have to do another post of pictures of just all the snow at our home. The night before Christmas Eve I told Chris that I'd like to spend the night at my parents so we don't have to drive that morning. Yes, on a good day we are only 45 minutes from my parents but I really didn't want to make the drive on Christmas morning. Chris gets hotel points when he travels & he'll be switching hotels he stays at & had a few random points he'd be losing so he called the hotel & told them he didn't have enough points but was wondering if they'd comp the rest since they are empty over Christmas. After several phone calls back & forth they called back & said not only would they comp us the points but they'd give us the suite. So Christmas Eve we went swimming at the hotel for a couple of hours as we waited for family to get into town. The boys still wanted to keep swimming so we filled up the hot tub in our room & put Landon in his floaty & Jaden swam around as we got ready to go to the family party at my Grandma Hendricks home. We had a delicious dinner with great company:) & then the little kids did the nativity. All my pages are lacking in pictures because I videotaped everything & struggled to keep up on both. I was a little disappointed when I saw how few of pictures I had. Jaden & Landon were wisemen & I was an angel (still playing the same part that I've played since I was a little girl). The kids also got their Christmas PJ's & we've struggled ever since to get Jaden to take his off. He wanted to wear them to church today. I told my mom that she better not get Jaden fun PJ's anymore...just some plain boring ones:)

I must say I was grateful we didn't go home Christmas eve night because it snowed & snowed & snowed & we wouldn't have made it back. As a matter of fact my brother Jeff got trapped at his girlfriends family's home in Blackfoot & finally got plowed out the day after Christmas. That's not fun when you planned to stay for only a couple of hours on Christmas Eve & they had so much family that there wasn't a bed for him to sleep in. Ok...on to our Christmas. That morning we went to my parents house so that the kids could open their presents with their cousins. Jaden was in Heaven; especially since he's been eyeing these presents for the whole month. The biggest present we got for Jaden was a motorized jeep & he wasn't that excited. We have that on video tape & don't have a picture. His favorite part of it is fixing it with the tool set we got him for Christmas. I think he'll find a lot more enjoyment when he can drive it outside. We had a yummy lunch with my dads prime rib & lots of other great foods. Jaden & Wyatt played & played & played & they are finally best friends & didn't fight a bit. They shared their toys & had so much fun. Landon just took it all in but he had fun notheless.

Friday we also did a bunch of family things & were going to play in all the snow but ran out of time. The girls did dinner without kids & we included my grandma Hendricks. I love my grandma so much & am amazed at her strength & happiness after losing a spouse in August & having knee surgery at the beginning of December.

Yesterday the guys went ice fishing. My dad bought all the grandkids ice fishing poles for Christmas. It was freezing outside but Chris said Jaden didn't seem to notice & enjoyed throwing snow in everyones hole. Sorry those of you who were the recipients of my sons snow! They also had a snow hill at the pond & him & Wyatt enjoyed that too...this is according to Chris. They didn't catch anything (thankfully they never do) but they also didn't stay long because of the blowing snow. We headed home early for fear of getting snowed at my parents home. We had promised Jaden games in Rexburg so we compromised & took him in Idaho Falls. We went to Leo's Place & it cheered him up that we cut the day short with Wyatt.

4 comments:

Holly said...

What fun!!! I am so glad that you can be close to family! What fun to be with extended family during the holidays! It is good for the little guys to have cousins as best buds too...if I remember correctly your brother was close to his cousins too! I heard about all the snow and I just can't believe it since we aren't seeing it here...kind of crazy what a few hundred miles does for the weather! ; )

Maegan said...

It did snow and snow and snow! My family wondered all day if they would be able to make it to our place for Christmas din din; they did and got stuck in our parking lot! Glad you had a happy Christmas and getting to spend so much time with Chris! Hope to see you soon.

Charayne said...

Hi...yes you can enter the contest more than once by the number of comments that you make. Your chances should be very good since I only have 5 comments on that post and you are two of them. Thanks for the info about the scrapbook stuff...Birthday coming up....Hope you had a great Christmas!!!!!

Brittney said...

I'm so sad we missed the whole pajama festivity with the cousins. That's one of my favorite Christmas memories at Grandma and Grandpas.

It looks like you all had a fun time without us anyway. :(