Saturday, January 24, 2009

Running in Circles

I know we all run in circles & try to do a million things at once so I thought I'd take a moment & reflect on my day to make myself feel better. I also like to impress my hubby & looked at my home that was in disarray & was pretty sure he wouldn't think that I got anything accomplished while he's been fishing.

So we woke up, cleaned bedrooms & made our way downstairs. Last night we went out to dinner & Jaden chose pancakes (his favorite if we're at a resturaunt that serves breakfast) & those were still fresh on his mind so he insisted that I make him pancakes for breakfast. One big mess later & a cranky baby I pay some bills...these were random stragglers since I pay almost everything online.

I had started a paint project last week in our family room & I haven't been able to finish because I needed Chris's helped in moving the armour so that being done last night Jaden & I decided to finish when Landon went down for his nap...only we were stopped when we ran out of paint. Grrrrr....

Jaden then started eyeing the snow outside that dumped on us last night. I thought this might be a good distraction so that I could get something done so we piled on the snow clothes & I sent him on his way. Landon starts crying after a VERY short nap & as I get him I realize that he pooped & that is what woke him up. I strategically place Landon in the window to watch Jaden in the snow so that he'll be distracted as I sweep out the garage that gets dirty from the dirt put on the snow & then the dirt gets tracked into my carpets...it's a yucky cycle. Then I peek back on Landon to see him getting jealous of Jaden but he's been fighting a cold for the last month so I don't give in to him going outside. Luckily Jaden starts throwing snow at the window & somehow Landon thinks he's playing too...too cute!!!

Then I remember that I need to make appetizers for a party that we are going to tonight. So I plopped Landon back in his bed, Jaden's playing his school bus alphabet game, I've called Chris & told him to pick up more paint on his way home, I got some digital pages done, the dishes are done...getting it written down makes me feel like I got something done:). AND Chris just called & informed me they caught two fish, he says he has pictures on his phone to prove it...can I trust a fisherman???

Still left on my to do list:
-Write instructions for Jeff when he babysits tonight.
-Mop Kitchen Floor
-Vacuum main floor
-Shovel the massive amount of snow...I might sneek this onto Chris's to do list.
-GET READY!!!!
-Move in new TV
-Finish Painting
-Pick up toy room
-Figure out what to make for dinner
-TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS, LOVE THEM, CUDDLE THEM.

3 comments:

Maegan said...

What a organized mom you are! Good for you. What color are you painting? Looks like a green color. Good choice; thats one of my favs.! Have fun at your party tonight.

Brittney said...

I feel the same way. I work my tail off all day while Matt's at work only to have the kids undo everything I had done in the course of the day. By the time Matt gets home the house is a mess again. I feel like I am always telling Matt "I promise it was clean earlier". Fortunately he knows me and he knows how hard I work so I really don't have to try and justify myself (I guess it just makes me feel better). Good for you for writing a list. It helps you to see how all the little things add up to lots of big things that take lots of time.

Are the kids still alive after Jeff babysat? Just kidding. What a treat to not only have grandparents nearby but a fun uncle as well. I'm sure they had the time of their life even if they ended up with a broken bone or two from wrestling with their uncle.

Holly said...

I need lessons on organization with you! Two boys later I am still a mess! I feel like such an accomplished mom when both are dressed feed happy and playing by 11:00 and I am on the treadmill...
Uggg the fun of being a mom!
BTW I am soooo jealous of how cute your picture and your lettering are on the top of your blog!