Tuesday, January 13, 2009

weekend in review

We made it to Utah all nice & safe. We didn't have any snow to contend with & both boys were fabulous in the car. I wanted to jot down a couple of things that I need to journal for Jaden to remind him what a stinker he can be sometimes:):):)

We made a couple stops along the way visiting people & then we made it to our destination for the end of Sunday, Jenna's house. Jaden LOVES his cousins...he used to really dislike Easton but Jenna's last trip to Idaho changed his heart & he's decided that he loves both Gracie & Easton. This is a good thing for Easton since he absolutely adores Jaden. With excitement the three of them ran off to play together while we whipped out the games. Chris went to his best friends house to visit but we didn't all go because they have a 10 day old baby & thought it was best if just Chris went. As were are playing games we hear a ruckus upstairs but are grateful they are distracted so that we can play. Matt starts getting a little suspicious so he heads upstairs...we know something has happened when Matt doesn't come back down for awhile & Jaden comes down with no pants on & Gracies pink shirt, Gracies missing her pants too but has put on a different shirt, & Easton left his shirt on but decided he didn't need anything on his bottom including his diaper. They were so excited to tell us that they had been swimming. Matt came down to inform us that they dumped out Gracies dress up box & went pretend swimming in it plus they pulled out the sunscreen & slathered themselves in it. AND Easton must have thought it was a public pool because he decided to pee in the pool...YUCK!!! Landon made me hold him almost the whole trip so I help as much as I can to clean up the mess & then we send the kids to another room so that we can play again. BIG MISTAKE!!! A little while later we hear cries of "help us" and we realize that somehow they got locked in Easton's room. Matt went up again thinking he was only going to have to let them out but what greeted him was blood. They had pulled a picture off the wall, broke it, & strategically placed glass all over the room. Easton got cut & didn't cry but painted with his blood. Easton was throw in the tub, I made Jaden & Gracie play with me, & Matt cleaned up the mess. As Eastons bath ended he pooped in the tub. Seriously...was this for real!!! Chris did not return until the craziness was over. The next morning I hestited to leave Jaden with Jenna while we went to the funeral for fear that their house would be burnt down. Jenna was smart & took them out. THOSE THREE ARE TROUBLEMAKERS. I maybe liked it more when Jaden didn't like Easton because there didn't seem to be trouble then.

When we got home I was excited to see the boys photobooks had arrived. I did one for each of them for 2008. I first started by flipping through Jaden's & was really excited with how it turned out. Jaden was excited too & wanted to put it on his bookshelf so he could look at it at night. I told him it was a special book & that he could only look at it with mommy. Then as we opened Landon's book we were greeted with a honeymoon. I wasn't happy as I flipped the pages & some gal in a bikini was on many of the pages. After 20 pages of this the book miraciously turned into Landons. I informed Chris that I was going to call the company & get FREE stuff. As I called I informed them what happened & they said they'd ship a new one out immediately. Still wanting free stuff I told them I was worried my baby's pictures were in someone elses books. They assured me it wouldn't...I was slowly chickening out but still had one last little bit in me & said that wasn't a very good thing to have happen & quickly said "thanks, goodbye." Man I'm a chicken...I bet I could have gotten a free photobook or photos or something. I'm keeping both books & I'll let the boys use the honeymoon book minus the bikini pages as they please.

4 comments:

Holly said...

OK I read this earlier and tried to comment but kids needed me so I am finally have a moment of peace so here it goes again!
I laughed my head off because my 5 year old sounds just like your son! i love it!!! Misery loves company and I am glad you are aboard the mom's with active boys train!!!
They really keep us on our toes...one day when they have a kid just like them we can sit back, watch and enjoy!

Nield Moments said...

Glad to hear my kids aren't the only ones that find trouble! That is funny, it probably wasn't at the moment, but I couldn't help but giggle! ;D

What company did you use for the boys photo books? Aside from the honeymoon pictures (how random is that!?!) were you pleased with the books? Would you use that company again? I am looking for one to print my blog.

Thanks, Lyndi

Jill said...

Tooo funny! Sounds way too familiar!

Other than the obvious mess ups, the books look cute!

Brittney said...

That's so funny about the baby book. It's a good thing your kids are young and probably didn't really notice the scantily-clad woman. :) I'm a big chicken with trying to get my way too. I had gone to Aldi and bought about 15 boxes of oatmeal to put in storage only to find the first three boxes were so gross. I drove about 15 minutes to return them. They have a double money back guarantee but I was too chicken to say anything when I realized she'd just given me the original purchase price. I figured I wasn't out any money so I just let it be.

As for the whole cousin thing, maybe it's good I don't live there or my kids may become a little bit mischievious with all of your kids.:) Or maybe my little angels would just be shining examples for all the little cousins-hehe!