Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Happenings!

This has been a busy but wonderful week. Originally we were going to head to Utah for Thanksgiving but ended up going to my parents. Next year I think we'll host Chris's family and see if that simplifies everything PLUS I enjoy cooking (most the time.)

At my parents house we included both sides of the family so we had a pretty good turnout. I made homemade stuffing & it was sooooo good. From scratch is definately the way to go for Thanksgiving. I made hats for the little kids but not everyone wore them.....my boys had no choice. Jaden was a pilgrim & Landon was an indian. I realized that I didn't do very good on taking pictures so I don't have a lot to show from the day but we all had fun visiting & of course eating. My grandma made the most fabulous yams...I didn't even know I liked yams.

That night a few of us came back to our house to spend the night so that we could hit the sales early. So 4 am the next morning me, Jenna, my mom, & Melanie (Jeff's girlfriend) headed to Walmart. I didn't realize the 24 hour walmarts are open all night so when we got there I panicked when there was no line & ditched the girls because I had my eye on the motorized Jeeps. There were only 6 boy jeeps & at the end had to fight for mine but I got it. Wahooo!!! I have to say this was the craziest year I've ever shopped & I honestly was stuck in the store & wasn't able to hook up with anyone else for quiet a while. After walmart was toy r' us, office depot, & fred meyer. After that a nap would have been nice but my cousin got married so we went to all the wedding festivities. I snuck a nap in between everything.

Saturday was TWILIGHT. I think they did a great job. I never got totally into the books but did enjoy them. It resparked my interest though & I think that I need to read the 4th book.

So this week was seriously a blur because there was so much going on so I'm sure I missed something.

A funny story...I darkened my hair & today at church my friend Hillary came & told me she'd went into my class & they were all talking about my hair & wondered how I had did it. They all came to the conclusion that I must have used a marker. So cute; I hope they don't go home & use markers on their hair. I might have some angry parents.

2 comments:

Maegan said...

You are such a funny gal! I can't believe you didn't get that into twilight! We have totally got to talk. As for the shopping? Ii would of been right in there fighting with ya! Can't wait to chat with ya this week

Brittney said...

So sad that I wasn't with you guys for Black Friday. However, it's kind of nice to go alone because you get in and out without having to wait on anyone else. I'm glad you got the jeep. Jaden will love it!

I think I may have to try the markers on my hair. Actually I would probably have to go with the bleach pen instead. I so wish Jenna was here. My hair needs some help!