Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Underweight & sleeping solutions

So we are a little late on our well child checkups so Landon had his 9 month yesterday...about 3 weeks late. You can imagine my surprise when the Doctor is worried about his weight, not overweight but underweight. To view his little body you can go to my prior post http://ourmurphylife.blogspot.com/2008/10/cutie-pie.html At his last well child check I could tell that it had been charted wrong (their still on paper, crazy huh) because they had his weight at 60% & heighth at 20%. I didn't worry about it because I knew it was wrong. I thought he was about equal in both. Well Landon has lost weight since that last appointment & is 20% for weight & 60% for heighth. The doctor has suggested I bottle feed more & do less nursing to make sure he's getting the calories he needs. He has a follow up appointment in one month to make sure he's put on weight. I'm going to have to chunk this little guy up. I honestly thought he was chunky enough until Jenna told me a couple of weeks ago that he was really skinny. I guess I was blind to my sons weight problem:) He's 20 lbs right now & we'll keep on counting.

Jaden has been a great little sleeper until this last month & I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem. He also struggles once he goes to bed to stay in bed so we decided to try something different. We let Jaden keep his lamp on & read books until he's tired but he has to go to bed at 8pm. We've done this for 3 nights & it's worked like a charm. The mess in the morning....not so wonderful.

No comments: