Monday, December 1, 2008

Jaden's Journey

So Jaden's school officially began today. I was having horror dreams last night because I was so worried about him. Yesterday we took him to his school to walk around & I pointed through the window into his classroom so he'd know where he was going today. We also let him play on the toys & told him that he'd get to have a recess while he was there. He was so excited that he went to bed at 8pm but didn't fall to sleep until 11pm. I worried he might be a little crank this morning but he woke up happy & excited & got dressed & brushed his teeth without any problems. The school bus picks him up at 7:20am so it's an early morning but they do breakfast at the school so all I have to worry about is getting him dressed. Jaden hopped right on the bus & wasn't scared at all. He came home in good spirits & enjoyed talking about his day.

While he was gone Landon & I hit the double coupon sale at Kmart. We ended up leaving one bag there on accident so we went back & shopped again after I pulled more coupons from the internet. The sale goes through the 6th & if you plan it right you can come away with some really good deals....I even scored a couple of free items.

Jaden will be attending school everyday so it will be an adjustment but I do think I'll get more accomplished. I've never been a coupon shopper & I think that's something I'll be able to do without Jaden distracting me at the stores.

9 comments:

Nield Moments said...

I am so glad that Jaden liked school! It seems often times it is scarier for the moms than it is the child! ;D

It also sounds like you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

In answer to your question. No, I didn't make all of that stuff on the one "simply us" blog. That is something that me, my mom and my sister are doing together. It has been kinda fun.

Kinda a wierd question for you now. Where did you get your Kmart coupons? Were they online or in your paper? I may be heading out of town tomorrow and if so, I would maybe check out the deals!

Thanks ~ Lyndi

Maegan said...

Today was Jackson's first day at his new school also! I was more nervous than Jackson was. He walked right in and said Bye Mom!

I love this time when Jax is at school. I run my errands; it is so much easier with one little one! Also sometimes Mike and I will make a lunch date!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you - I almost felt like I was there ..... I miss him!
Please don't plan on another Thanksgiving without me - it was silly to stay home - Just seemed the right thing to do --- until about noon - then I cried in my paint!
I love the blog Kimri.The pictures are on the board around my desk - People ask about the boys all the time!
Love Maggi

Holly said...

How cute, I love how he looks like such a big boy off to school! You are the cutest mom! Can I just tell you I am loving all the great and fabulous sales! There are so many deals I just love how it is really becoming a consumer market!

Lorie said...

Cute, CUTE scrapbooking pages!! YOU have a gift! How great that Jaden is off to school. I'm sure he will love it and enjoy being around the other kids. Gotta go check out the K-Mart coupons. :)

Charayne said...

He'll do great! Isn't it funny how it's us moms who worry??? Double coupon sale...sign me up! Sounds fun

Kayli said...

It sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving, I love the hats you made! Isn't black friday shopping fun? Hey, I need your new address so I can send you a Christmas card, send it to my e-mail kaylibb@hotmail.com thanks!

Brittney said...

So fun and exciting. It brings back a whole bunch of memories of when Kaleb boarded that little yellow bus for preschool too, although thankfully it wasn't at 7:20 (that part stinks). Jaden will have such a great time there!

June said...

Jaden is such a big boy! (He seems older than Emma! Emma is not ready to go to school by any means...)