Friday, November 7, 2008

The LOVE war

Anyone experience the love war???? Jaden & I have the love war daily. We argue who loves each other more. I figure that this is an ok argument to have. I love it when he comes up to me & in the sweetest voice says "I love you mommy."

Yesterday I recieved a phone call from the school district informing me that he does qualify for pre-school. I was surpised how sad I was...not that he is behind in a couple of areas but that his journey of school will now never end. They said that his speech is behind (I knew this already) & that he doesn't follow instructions. I didn't mention that this wasn't a result of comprehension but of STUBBORNESS. This boy does things how he wants to do them & no other way. The good news is that he is just slightly behind & not way behind. That was a fear of mine.

After I got the phone call I glanced at him eating his lunch & my heart ached. My little boy is growing so fast. I started picturing him on the school bus which they do provide. I'm struggling to know if I can do this. What if someone bully's him on the school bus? What if he misses me? So many thoughts. I'm sure I'll be following him in my car on his first day to make sure he is ok. J takes a lot of my time but he has such a sweet heart & he makes it easy on MOST days. I was worried how'd he feel about it & he can't wait. He wants to go right now. They still are evaluating the tests to determine how many days he'll go, what elementary school, ect. I'll be having a meeting with them shortly.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

It's a sad time, for sure. They do grow up so fast but I have found... there are a few perks to having a bit of the "load lifted" so to speak. :) That's funny that instead of being "behind" in following instructions, he's just "stubborn". Good luck J!

Brittney said...

I still remember the first day that the short little yellow bus picked up Kaleb. He thought it was the coolest thing and he LOVED it as well. While it's hard enough to let go of them for Kindergarten, this will give him an added bonus and he will be extra prepared when he enters school. Trust me, Kaleb was so overly-prepared for Kindergarten.

I know it's difficult but what a blessing to have the extra help available with no cost to you. He will love it and you may find that you have a little extra time to get things done in the day so that when he is home, you will be able to give him even more undivided time and attention. More time for the "Love Wars".:) Good Luck!

Maegan said...

Hey lady! I remember when Jackson was suppose to start preschool. He was only three years old. I was so sick about it, and I didn't let him do it. He did go the next year and now this is his second and final year of preschool. So what school is he going to? We are moving to Rexburg, and I am thinking they might go to the same school! Little school mates, how fun!

Anonymous said...

OH my it doesn't seem possible that this is happening .... but wow what a wounderful adventure.
Sure he can follow instructions - he has been imitating you and Chris forever. I remember Chris jumped out of the car. said "bye bye" and waved to me at the 1st day of school - He was ready - I cried all the way to work.
Jaden has been blessed with wonderful parents (and grandparents) he will be fine. As for you and Chris .... I will keep you in my prayers !!! I love you
Maggi