Wednesday, November 30, 2011

December Eve

Two days ago I was at Jenna's and she mentioned she was doing "elf on the shelf" with her family this year.  I had never heard of it.  After she explained it to me I knew this was a tradition I wanted my family to have so I headed to Target to get our own 'elf on the shelf.'

It being December Eve I thought it'd be a fun night to bring the elf to our home.

Close to bedtime the doorbell rang and on our porch was 3 packages.  They boys were so excited and Landon found the one with his name (its kind of exciting that he's learning his letters) and immediately opened his.  Jaden was more hestitant and I had to tell him it was ok before he'd open his.  Inside the boys found pajamas and slippers from Santa so they could wear them during the Christmas Holiday.

Before they could open the third package they had to take their bath.  When they were done they put on their new pjs and opened the 3rd package.  Inside they found the "elf on the shelf" and we all read the story together. 

If you aren't familiar with the 'elf on the shelf' you get to name him...the boys named our "Elfy".  Each day Elfy will watch the kids and each night he'll go back to Santa and report what he saw.  If you touch Elfy he won't be able to report the good things you do each day.  Each morning Elfy will return and you may find him in silly locations. 

I'm going to try to do a daily blog entry of Elfy and what he's up to that day!

I hope this become a fun tradition that remind the boys and girls to be on their best behavior.   

No comments: