Friday, November 11, 2011

thankful....

I'm so aweful to write down all the things I'm thankful for and this time of year is such a good time to really think about those things...I'm going to try to write down a few things each week of all the good and wonderful things I'm surrounded with.

I'm going to start with Jaden's teacher (not because it's what I'm most thankful for but because she's fresh on my mind).

At Jaden's school you choose what type of classroom setting you want your children in the prior May.  There is a program at his school called Spectrum that lumps 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders together with highly involved parents....you have to be involved for your children to be in the this program.  I was too worried about making that kind of committement having just had the girls and thinking my life may be over so I chose traditional.

During the summer I started stressing about this decision and that I took an opportunity away from Jaden.  I felt horrible. When everyone returned working at the school again I called and asked if there was ANY possibility of getting Jaden in one of the classes....they kind of chuckled.  Needless to say he entered a traditional first grade classroom.

It just tells me that things work out the way they are supposed to.  His teacher is new teaching at his school this year and although I have very little to compare her too I don't think he could have gotten anyone more wonderful.  I have never seen such an excitement for what he's doing at school and he's so motivated to make good decisions and he's excited about what he's learning.

Fortunately, the girls didn't take away all my abilities and I get to volunteer in his class room for 1 1/2 hours each week. (I'm thankful for you watching my children, Jenna).  I get to witness how amazing she is.  She has some really tough kids in her class and she handles them so wonderfully. 

Jaden does not like to do his homework and Chris keeps asking me if I'm sure he's doing well at school because we witness a horrible attitute at home when it comes to his school work.  I told Chris I'm witnesses Jaden's work at school first hand and he is one of the top of his class and his "I can't" and "it's too hard" is all for show.  His teacher brings out the best in him and hopefully I can learn some of her tricks to bring out the best in him at home so that homework will be a pleasant experience.

So today, I'm thankful that my son is in such good hands for a good part of his day!

No comments: