Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Turkeys!

We had a fabulous thanksgiving this year...it was easy breezy lemon squeezy as Jaden would say.

The Hendricks side of the family all came to Idaho to celebrate and we are a BIG group.  Because of the size we moved it from my grandmas large home to a nearby church and I was worried it wouldn't feel like thanksgiving but it was fabulous and so convenient. 

I think I'm going to start the tradition of making my kids turkey shirts. I didn't get very good pictures but the boys thought they were awesome and the girls loved chewing on their ribbon!


                                    
 
Thanksgiving weekend we also experienced quadruplets.  Not really but my cousin Jake and his family stayed with us and they have twins 5 months older then the girls so we had lots of babies!  Growing up Jake and I always played together and he was a little bit of the trouble maker and I was always the one saying "should we be doing this?"  If his twins are at all like him (they are boys) we are in for some really adventures!  Both his and our older kids had so much fun together and had some late night staying up and playing!  I also love his wife...yay...which makes it even funner.
 
On thanksgiving day we had a wonderful feast....it's fun when there's lots of people because there is a big variety of dishes and lots of yummy choices.  This is the first thanksgiving my boys discovered olives on their fingers and they thought that was a lot of fun.  After dinner we all had plenty of room to play and hang out.  Most of the men went outside and played football and the kids played on wiggle cars, hide n' seek, basketball...they truely were in heaven. 
 
The girls were so good.  I was walking pushing them and someone said "how did you do that".  I had no idea they had both fallen asleep.  I hurried and pushed them to a quiet corner so they could get a little rest.   They aren't always perfect and they have their moments but I am so lucky they are overall happy little girls.


Here's a picture of my mom and her beautiful sisters and mom. They are the ones that created this huge family called the Hendricks:) We had a wonderful day and we hope that the tradition can continue although each year as the family grows we acknowledge that it probably won't.


                                       

No comments: