Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back to School

These two boys have had a really busy week...so has mom!
In preparation for Jaden entering first grade and eating lunch at school we did a "mock school cafeteria". Yes Britt...I totally stole your idea and I love stealing ideas so all your ideas will be mine soon:)

They had to use lunch tickets to purchase their lunch. On the menu was tomato soup, cheese zombies, grapes, carrots, rice crispy treats and chocolate milk.

I was really nervous for Jaden to start first grade. He has very few kids in his class that he knew and I always imagine the worst. His teacher is new to the school this year but I think she's going to be a gem. I love the picture below of her bending down to Jaden's level and talking to him while he waited in line his first day of school. She seems to sincerely love what she does and she came highly recommended from the school she came from.


Jaden has loved having 3 recesses and lunch and on fridays they get a "Friday Fling" if they are good through out the week....he thought it was so much fun.


And talking about nervous, I was very nervous for this shy guy to enter preschool. I even talked about his Speech Therapist and whether he was socially ready...his therapist has been bringing in another little boy during part of his sessions to help with his social interactions and she told me that it's made such a difference and told me he needed to go...I just needed reinforement:)


Landon has started making friends in our neighborhood and plays daily with different neighbor boys so I was getting less and less worried.


Thursday was his first day and he was not happy about it. He wouldn't look at anyone and was upset when I left. When I went to pick him up he was a changed boy and his teacher told me that as soon as I left he was fine.


On Friday he was still a little nervous but picked his letter and found the match on the rug and sat down by himself.


On Tuesday he'll start riding a bus..Chris is going to go with him for his first time.







So here's crossing my fingers for a year full of learning and new experiences.

No comments: