Thursday, July 15, 2010

Look what Jaden can do!

We've been noticing over the past couple of months that all Jaden's friends were starting to have their training wheels taken off of their bikes. Since Jaden is the youngest out of most his friends he started getting bitter when all of them turned 5 before him because he was taller then all of them & should be older. He made the connection that 5 years old ride without training wheel so once he turned 5 he decided it was time.

He tried a week ago & got frustrated & gave up....but he woke up Monday morning ready & determined to make it happen. Monday was VERY windy & our best efforts did not provide success. The next day, WINDY again & a repeat. But he was determined & went into the garage & declared to me that he could ride his bike on his own. I humored him but didn't believe him.


The next day wasn't windy as we heady out & he was right, he could ride his bike without training wheels. He was very wobbly but he pushed on....this was on his little 12 inch bike because it made him feel safer. His new bike is much bigger at 20 inches.


By evening he had progressed to his new green bike moving extremely fast down the road. My heart was very nervous on several occassions but it's so fun to see his excitement at accomplishing this.


Today I was riding behind him on my bike & a gust of wind rushed by him pushing him off the sidewalk, down the curb onto the road...I held my breath as I waited for him to take a big tumble but somehow he recoved, kept on riding, & started laughing. I think we have a lot of bike rides in our future.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Now I promise we weren't trying to steal Jaden's thunder or anything, but coincidentally I was IN THE MIDDLE of blogging about this same thing, waiting for pictures to upload, when I started blog surfing and saw this post.

Go Jaden! It's so fun to see new milestones like this, isn't it? So good to see you last weekend btw!