Thursday, July 8, 2010

~Delish~

I LOVE strawberry lemonades. Not the ones that are strawberry flavored but those that have REAL strawberries. The only problem is that they are LOADED with sugar.

Yesterday, it occurred to me that I really wanted one BUT I wasn't about to ruin my points to have one. SO....I made my own & it was soooooo good!

Here's how----

I took my blender, stuffed if full of ice, took a packet of crystal light lemonade, took a bunch of frozen strawberries (I froze fresh ones) & squirted in some sugar-free strawberry syrup (made my own so if you want all the info on how to do this, let me know) & blended!

I didn't take a picture BUT I almost completely drank the whole blender full by myself. The only calories were from the strawberries & those are good calories:) AND the frozen stawberries & ice made it super slushie! If I didn't know better, I would have thought I had consumed 1000 calories:):):) AH...thank goodness for the pretend calories!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

That sounds so good. I love that kind of stuff. I am so proud of you and your dedication to the challeng. I gave up-kinda sorda. I found that it wasn't working the best for me. I would do really well for the first 5 days of the week then when I had my free day I would eat LOTS and LOTS of sugar...so, I have decided that was worse then haveing a little a day.
WAY TO GO!!! You are like a rock!!!

Stephanie said...

I am for sure going to try that one! Sounds so yummy.

Brittney said...

I should give that a try since I just bought 25 lbs of strawberries for $1/lb., diced them, and threw them in the freezer. This would put them to good use.