Monday, July 12, 2010

Bedtime

Bedtime isn't the funnest time in our home. Quite simply, the boys want to keep on playing. Since Chris has been travelling (he's finally finished) I've needed an 8pm bedtime for my sanity. Both boys have been confused with so much sunlight at bedtime so I've been allowing them to stay up in their rooms but they can't come out after 8pm...they don't always stay in but that's the rule.


Last night Chris went to check on the boys & found what was obviously a bored Jaden. I guess when your toys are located in the basement you have to get a little creative.If you can't tell those are shin guards on his head & his lunch box in his hand (I think he snuck some toys in it). And I'm going to share a proud mommy moment:) Jenna's kids, Gracie & Easton, are slightly messy children so when they come & play I've become really strick in enforcing a mess in only one area at a time. The other day Easton was over & was playing in the basement & then headed outside. I asked him if the basement was clean & it wasn't so I sent him downstairs before he could go outside....yes, I'm a mean aunt. Jaden helped him clean up the mess. After he went home I got a text from Jenna saying that Easton was cleaning so good & she asked him where he learned and he said "Jaden taught me." When Jaden puts his mind to it he really is a good cleaner & organizer & I couldn't be more proud:):):)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

HOW CUTE!!! I love it when I have mommy moments like that. We try so hard to teach our kids things that are important, and when they show us it makes all the hard work worth it. So cute