Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July celebrations!!!!

I've decided that the 4th of July is up there with Christmas. There's lots of family time, lots of celebrating, and lots of fun!!!!

Our fun started on Friday evening at a cul de sac in our neighborhood that throws a BIG party every year. Lots of snow cones, bouncy toys, hots dogs, face painting, live music, ice cream, cotton candy, popcorn & BIG fireworks made for TWO happy little boys. It really was an amazing party. I loved that they lined their street with numerous flags...it really was a beautiful sight.
On Saturday we started our cold morning with the parade. Landon spent much of the time snuggling with me but Jaden was in the thick of it & loved every minute.
Afterwards we headed to my parents for a yummy BBQ. My parents have a small pond that the kids decided they wanted to play in. It was so funny to watch them. At one point Jaden was jumping from the shore, missed the middle of the raft, hit the side, & did a back flip into the pond. He bounced up quickly shouting "I'm ok." Landon spent time on the 4-wheeler with daddy & napping.

That evening we decided to do the melaluca fireworks. Two cranky boys made us decide to leave early...they were tired.On Sunday after church we headed up to Island Park. It was nice to breath fresh air & spend time with family. Of course, we had to include fireworks in the fun since my boys can't get enough!


Thanks everyone for a FUN weekend! Can't wait until next year.

2 comments:

Maegan said...

Fun times! The parade was FREEZING! Totally loving your tan line too!

Brittney said...

That does look like a fun time. What cabin was that? Is there one in the family still. If so, I want to take the kids when I come up.

I'm excited/nervous for the pond at mom and dad's. How deep is it?