Thursday, September 24, 2009

our JADEN

We like to call Jaden unique because of some of the "unique" things that he does. Two days ago I was at Smith's getting groceries and I grabbed a couple of luncheables. I don't like purchasing items like this because my boys think they need to eat them all at once....so these are a treat. As we got home of course Jaden started opening the boxes. BUT then he saved the last box, he opened it, tucked everything back inside, grabbed blue painters tape (we're out of scotch tape) and taped the box shut & informed me that he was going to take it to preschool the next day.

At his preschool they do breakfast every morning. They want to make sure all the kids are on equal footing in the morning. I've always just paid for Jaden to eat there & I thought that was the COOL thing to do:) Apparently it's not & Jaden insisted on taking his luncheable for breakfast. He came home & was very sad because his teachers threw away his lunch box (the luncheables box). I then realized that some of the kids must be taking their own breakfast so I told Jaden we would go & buy him a lunch box for school if that's what he really wanted.

After much debate Jaden finally settled on which lunch box he'd wanted. Of course, it was the ONLY one that wasn't on clearance. Home we came & that thing followed him everywhere & it's all he could talk about.

This morning when he woke up he appeared in my bathroom where I was getting ready only wearing his underwear and holding his lunch box & proclaiming loudly "Hi mom." He usually doesn't wake up this chipper but he had something to look forward to. So we filled his lunch box with yogurt & berries AND his treats from soccer last night. He insisted on saving them for his lunch box...treats for breakfast???? I don't know! At least they were treats he'd already would have eaten.




AND to reinforce my "unique boy" he's been wearing this wrist band for 3 months. Original color...GREEN! Now, it's white. I've begged him to let me take it off & he insists that I don't. I only hope that one day soon it will break off. It is WAY too strong.


This boy makes me laugh and sometimes scream. He's definately "unique" and that's what makes him Jaden.

1 comment:

Christina White said...

Cute post about the lunch box. You gotta love kids with their own way of thinking!! They keep life so fun!! How is I.F.? Is that your house at the top of your blog? It is so nice!! Take Care!! Much Love, Chris