Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the birthday that keeps on going....

Happy Birthday Chris!!!!
We've been celebrating Chris's birthday since last friday.

On friday Chris went golfing with his buddies
Saturday was an all day celebration. In the morning he went fishing with my brother & dad where my brother caught this wopper.







In the evening Chris invited his buddies over for the BYU game and we tried to surprise him with all his favorite foods before we left to the fair. We had his favorite drinks (powerade zero) his favorite cake, and his favorite dips. Chris said the sight of all that powerade zero made him very happy.




Monday was of course his favorite day because my mom came & watched the kids and he got to go out with me...it doesn't get better then that:) We spent hours shopping only to make a quick stop for cold stone...YUM!!! We set out to spend a lot of money; kind of a bad mentality but we were in the mood for some serious clothes shopping & came home almost completely empty handed. Sheesh...apparently the money will be better spent elsewherre.


And today the boys threw him a birthday party. Jaden LOVE birthdays and was wound up all day in excitement for daddy to get home. He decorated, ate carmel off the top of Chris carmel/apple cake, helped cook dinner, & wrapped some presents. This party was almost 100% put on by Jaden. He told us what to do & when to do it. While we were preparing for Chris's party Jaden said he needed to do one more present & ran downstairs to our food storage & brought up two jars of peanut butter. He told me he was going to give these to daddy so that they could make peanut butter cookies together; they started this tradition just this Sunday & apparently Jaden wants to keep it. Landon, still a little new to the birthday party scene kept giggling, running in circles, & giving Chris fist bumps.


So hopefully Chris will remember this ongoing celebration when my birthday comes...I'm going to needs some major fun since I'm getting so OLD!





3 comments:

Burrellblog said...

OK Kimri, Shawn is totally jealous of the picture of Cory and his whopper. Where did they go he wants to know? He wants Uncle Wylie to take him next time we come up to visit. Totally Awesome.

Holly said...

How fun! Hubby's deserve a little special every once in a while. Man, you should have had me there I could have spent your serious money. My husband always shakes his head how I have to just get one thing and then I get 20! ; )

Brittney said...

apparently I rely way too much on the "powellgals" birthday reminder to forwarn me of birthdays. I never saw a reminder about Chris. Tell him happy birthday and give him a great big hug and kiss from Matt. :)