Friday, September 11, 2009

I Remember.....


I remember 9/11 so well & vividly. That day really had an impact on my life but I do fear as the years go on the memory will not be as well remembered & I don't want to forget that day!


Today as a flag was placed in our yard Chris & I both turned to eachother & said we could remember that day as if it were yesterday. I honestly admit that I really didn't keep up well with World Issues and I didn't know who Osama Bin Laden was.


Chris and I had only been married a couple of months & I woke up the morning to get ready for work....a job I only had worked at for a week; I was in training. As I was driving to work I heard something about a plane hitting the world trade center but it was still early & there weren't a lot of details so I arrived at work not being super alarmed. As the day progressed the girl training me and I watched the details unfold on the internet. I have a very good work ethic & normally this wouldn't be something that I'd be doing ALL day but on this particular day I couldn't do anything else. I conversed with my new fellow co-workers and continued to learn more about Osama and his history. I really can't say I learned anything about my job that day but I learned a lot about history.


That evening we went over to our friends parents house...our friends were house sitting. We continued to watch the coverage and my heart worried for those survivors who were trapped & would probably never get out. The coverage of individuals jumping out of windows was gut wrenching & then to wrap my mind around how this act was possible. Each detail was mind boggling of the exactness that had to take place to cause this event to occur...but then to realize in relief that the plan was much bigger & that it could have been worse. We ended up in the hottub conversing some more and trying to take it all in.


I'm grateful for this country & I pray for the victims family. What a difficult day to remember. This day encouraged me to be more knowledgeable, more caring, more grateful.


Tonight I get a happy night. A girls weekend...a needed retreat from my motherly responsibilities. Hopefully I'll be more refreshed & a better mom:):):)

No comments: