Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are you tired of me talking about this??

Ok, so I have another post about the economy. I'm sure many of you are tired of hearing about the cause & effect of this whole mess. I just wanted to share a story that Chris called & told me about today. First I want to mention that I hope we can all LEARN from some of the things happening & learn to be frugal & save & stay out of debt. I hope this doesn't imply that Chris & I are perfect because we have a LONG way to go but we are slowly inching in the right direction.

To start this story out I'll kind of explain our neighborhood. We are fortunate to live in a really nice part of town. In this part of town all the neighborhoods run into each other & the only way to tell the difference is by the house. We drive by some beauties just getting onto the main road. I'll quickly mention that our home & our small little neighborhood is very modest & that when I talk about some of these homes that ours doesn't even compare. Ok so to my story....

We've been watching the most amazing home go up in our neighborhood. We can't recall ever seeing a home this amazing, especially on a lot that wasn't super huge. We've always wondered who was building this home & what they do. These past couple of months we noticed that there wasn't any progress on the home. The outside is all done plus all the extra building but there were a few loose wires & other things that just weren't getting done. Today Chris found out the story. The would-be owner of this home was a stock broker & only worked with clients that put down a minimum of 1 million dollars. Well apparently this whole finacial mess forced him to go belly up. Guess how much this home is valued at....11 million dollars & in Idaho that is a BIG house. The master bath alone is valued at 80 thousand dollars. Apparently the window people came to try to get their windows back & because they've been bricked in they can't retrieve them. So who owns this home now??? The bank; I'm not sure which one but our tax dollars will probably have to bail out the bank that gave this loan.

I guess the moral of my story is simplest is best. Who needs a home like this. It's stunning to drive by & it will probably raise my property value (or maybe not if it doesn't sale:)) but those are just things. Hopefully this Christmas we can enjoy the spirit of the holidays & enjoy being close to family and friends.

3 comments:

Holly said...

That is so completely sad! First of all why in the world would you want an 11 million dollar home and who would take care of it! I had no idea people lived like that in IF. I thought it was pretty minimal living wise but that tells you how long I have away!

Brittney said...

Wow...you're not kidding, an 11 million dollar home there must be pretty amazing. Maybe you need to take a picture and post it. I would love to see what it looks like.

Lorie said...

Way to go, getting the dirt, Chris. Sad story & I agree, 11 mill is totally ridiculous. No one needs that expensive of a house, I don't care how much you make. Donate some to charity but that's a little too prideful.