Sunday, December 7, 2008

An Alarming Sunday

Today in Sacrament meeting Jaden needed to go potty. This happens about every Sunday so Chris took him out. They were taking a while & I really want Jaden to sit in Sacrament meeting even if he doesn't like it so I went out to find them. Jaden was playing with a couple of little boys & I told him it was time to come back in....thank goodness I did.

About 5 minutes later something happened that I've never seen before. Suddenly there was a LOUD noise & blinking lights. I then realize that it's the fire alarm. Everyone starts looking around & doesn't know what to do. We were in the middle of singing the closing song so they keep leading & playing the music but it was so loud and we couldn't hear anything. After a couple of minutes the bishop gets up & starts to talk but we can't hear what he's saying but I notice a few people start leaving the chapel so we follow their lead. In the hall we find out it was Jaden's little friend he was playing with 5 minutes earlier & I know Jaden would have helped commit the deed if he were still out in the hall. It took a good 10 minutes for the alarm to get turned off...I think the police had to come & do it.

Needless to say it definatly made for an interesting Sunday.

On Friday we went to our ward Christmas party & it was great! They go all out...dinner was catered & so delicious. They even had professional pictures being taken with Santa; I don't have mine yet. Jaden had so much fun seeing all his little friends & of course Santa & he got a really great goodie bag from Santa too. Landon played with one of the little girls in my class that absolutely adores him. Isabella (Britt, she's a triplet of your teacher from grade school Mrs. Patterson) hung out with me the whole time & would have me come & show her mom how Jaden snuggles with her. It was really cute.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That was such a great story! It would have been my luck to have been my kid that turned the alarm on! Oh I would have died to have been the parent of the kid that pulled the trigger! Good for you to stay on top of things and go get them in the hall. I would have probably sat there and been glad for the quiet row with my oldest out for the bathroom ; )

Rachel said...

Play date sounds great! Just give me a call and we can set up a time!

June said...

Wow, you grabbed Jaden just in time! I think this lesson goes a long way into a teenage age! The below is something my friend sent many young mothers in our ward. Until then, I was struggling with my girls to sit reverently in the Sacrament. But after I read this, the miracle happened; The girls did so well and we rarely had to take them out. I think you are doing an awesome job without reading this article, but just in case you are interested ;) Love you!
http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/070926storyprint.html

Maegan said...

tagged ya! Check out my blog for the scoop.

Brittney said...

What is it with parents going out during Sacrament Meeting with the kids and then letting them run wild? I'm so glad you got Jaden back into the meeting so that he wasn't a part of the crime.:)