Friday, December 5, 2008

{grumblings}

So I'm going to grumble for a moment & post about the less luxerious side of being a mom.

Last week Landon starting having blowouts...yuck!!! This has never been a problem nor was it with Jaden so we thought it was probably the thanksgiving feast that he participated in so I expected it to last for a day or two. As the days continued so did the blowouts & they came more frequently & with more advengence. So then I'm thinking that maybe he has a bug but he seems to feel fine & is in happy spirits. So these last two days I have about lost my mind. He's averaging 4 a day & all of them are going up with back & all over the place...4 baths a day & 4 clothing changes & 4 times that I have to immerse my hand in poop to clean his clothes by hand before throwing them in the wash.

BUT here's the worst part. He seems to poop half way through his naps & they wake him up & he won't go back to sleep. Landon still isn't sleeping through the night so I've started to do the tough love CRY IT OUT. I can't do this anymore for fear that he's pooped & that it's getting all over his crib. His bedding can only handle so much. So when he cried at 5 am this morning I went to his bedroom & grabbed him to feed him (all in the dark)& didn't think a whole lot about it until I felt something gooey all over my arm. His poop is odorless & I didn't realize that he did it again....ahhhhhhhh. We rush to the bathtub as I toss him in fully clothed & I wash my arm over & over & over & still am paranoid I have poop on me.

Landon was a once a day pooper, maybe twice but hardly ever. As we analyze what this problem may be we think it may be the increase in formula that the Dr. encouraged. I've decreased how much a nurse Landon over these last two weeks & time wise it fits. And to top it off, I think he's gotten even skinnier from all the pooping. What do ya do??? I can't handle another poopy diaper! The joys of motherhood.

7 comments:

Holly said...

I am so so sorry! The joys of motherhood!! I wonder if your poor little guy is having an allergy to his formula??? I had to put my boys on Lacto free formula so I could calm their little bowels and tummies down. Formula, if it is the right one for your baby, shouldn't make the baby poop so much, especially blow out type diapers. Maybe he is sick too... I don't know though! Good luck!

Kayli said...

I'm sorry but because it's not happening to me at the moment I was laughing the whole time also it's funny because I have experienced that at many times and I hate it when I get it on me, yuck! A couple weeks ago I kept smelling poop at random times and realized I was holding Caleb earlier and I had poop on my sleeve! I'm sure everyone wondered why I smelled, eww!

Kim said...

So to address what Holly suggested; I did maybe think we should try different formula.

I don't like to talk about nursing too much on my blog because my dad reads it:) We've always done about two formula bottles a day since Landon was born & I always just used generic w/ the lipids. Since I've nursed I also ate whatever & it hasn't seemed to have an affect on Landon so I haven't really worried about allergies.

I don't like milk plain but I do like milk products so I'm wondering if my milk intake wasn't enough to bother Landon nor the two bottles. So should I switch??? Is his body just adjusting? I'm getting a little worried because he'll be on regular milk in two months. Do you switch to soy? I sure don't know any of this.

Maegan said...

Is it diarea, or just a lot of poop? If it is diarea I would definently think he is sick and take him to the dr., but if it is poop... Maybe he is just a pooper! I swear mothers should have a dr. degree!!

Maegan said...

I just read everybodys comments and that made me think.. Ella was like that when she had generic formula, so we had to fork out the money for the real stuff (Enfamil). She is on whole milk now and she does good with that.

Brittney said...

Maybe it's time to try a new diaper. We had the same problem with Carter so we bought a better diaper and it's worked most of the time.

As for the odorless poop, what's that about? You can smell Carter from the hall (and that's with his door shut tight).

I hope things ease up so that the little guy keeps a little weight on. When's his next appt. to check his weight?

Brittney said...

I just went back and read the other comments on here. I had to quit using dairy when I was nursing Carter and he is now drinking soymilk for the same reason. He was having some serious bowel issues and runny noses constantly. Since we've switched, he's totally regular again. You may want to try soy formula for a couple weeks and see if it makes a difference.