Thursday, December 11, 2008

Simply the Cutest!!!

So I've decided that Landon is simply the cutest baby!!! This last month as we fattened him up and I've got to say these past 3 days he has simply plumped up & I don't think he'd be called a skinny baby...probably average. My theory is that I give him a lot more bottles than I did nursing him simply for the fact that nursing him required my time where as a bottle is a temporary babysitter. We are still working on his system adjusting but it slowly is getting a little back to normal. I don't expect it to totally be like it was before because breast fed babies tend to poop less.

So I'm daring to share a story that just might make me look like an even worse mom. Why I'm so honest on my blog, I don't know. I probably should suger-coat this story but I won't:)

So it's late in the afternoon & I'm picking up the house & notice that Jaden has left the door to the basement open. Wanting to teach him the importance of closing the door so that Landon won't fall down the stairs I holler at him to come & close the door. I did this about 4 times & then it totall slipped my mind as I moved on with my house cleaning. I'm filling my water bottle to go to the gym (I think my mind was filled with the fact that I did not want to go; I haven't wanted to go this whole month for that matter) & I heard Jaden call out. I was still filling my water bottle when it clicked that Jaden never shut the door & I couldn't see Landon anywhere. I start crying as I run towards the stairs to find that Jaden had caught Landon two steps from the top. He'd seen him tetering at the top & ran to his rescue. Jaden was holding Landon with all his might & had him press against the stairs. Jaden's body was shaking in fear & I grabbed both boys & hugged them like crazy. Of course I thanked Jaden for saving his brother but also reminded him firmly that he MUST close the door or else Landon can get really hurt. Now Jaden locks Landon in every room for fear he'll fall down the stairs. Poor Landon can't get around to well:)

4 comments:

Lorie said...

What a cute story!! That is precious that Jaden was watching out for his baby brother. Let's hope it contunes! You are such a good Mom.

Rachel said...

It sounds like he learned a lesson. I'm so glad Landon was ok!

Holly said...

First your pics are sooo cute! He is sooo sweet! I never ever thought that he looked skinny! Secondly, I can write a book on "bad mother" moments and I am certain knowing you that you are an awesome mom. We just can't be everywhere at once!

Ande said...

You're not a bad mom, everyone of us has a story like that. Sweet that he was making sure he was o.k. I haven't wanted to work out either, I think it is the time of year.