Monday, October 24, 2011

Flying by the seat of my pants

I don't know why but I feel like I don't quiet have it together right now.  Usually I have a plan, everything is organized, everything gets done early, and lately I feel like I'm squishing everything in to make it all work out.

For example, we always have the tradition of going to a pumpkin patch.  We seriously have had no time to go this year and we keep saying were going to go and it would never work out.

I kept thinking I'd just buy a bunch of pumpkins at the grocery store for decoration and a couple to carve and I'd always forget.

On Saturday night Chris and I were out on a date and we were doing errands (because we just can't seem to get caught up) and we were at Walmart and I had to run to the car so I told Chris to make sure he bought Pumpkins and we'd grab them outside when we left.  As we were leaving I reminded him to stop and grab the pumpkins and he had forgot to buy them.

On Sunday in desperation we decided that since our pumpkins patch was an honor system that we could buy pumpkins on Sunday at the pumpkin patch (yes, we were justifying).  As we pulled up Jaden said "we can't buy pumpkins, we can only look because it's Sunday."  Taking a deep breath we told him he was right and the boys went into the free maze and looked at the pumpkins they'd come back and purchase today.

Come today, Chris is out of town and I did not want to take all four kids to the pumpkin patch in the wind...especially since the girls just got better. 

Then a miracle...a text message from a friend that asked if I wanted some pumpkins.  I immediately called her and she told me that she had purchased 8 pumpkins and people were tripping over them when they came over (she lives in an apartments)  This friend is a giver and I often feel like I take advantage of this so I told her I'd only take them if I could buy them from her. 

An hour later we had 6 pumpkins (plus we had the two my kids picked from my parents house). 

Out of the 6 I let the boys choose a pumpkin to carve tonight for FHE.

They drew their picture on the pumpkin and I cut.  Jaden first created his pumpkin on the computer and did his best to draw the same thing on his pumpkin.  Landon's was scribbles so I cut on the outside of the scribbles so he has a random hole in his.  They had a lot of fun.



So it all worked out...the boys got to enjoy the pumpkin patch and we got pumpkins today without a complete meltdown of me:)

3 comments:

Maggi M said...

The pictures ae WONDERFUL -Thanks for sharing! Maggi

Maggi M said...

The pictures are WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing
Grandma Murphy

Brittney said...

What a good friend. I'm glad she came to your rescue.

And for the record, you have it more together than almost anyone I know. You are amazing!