Monday, October 24, 2011

We are a pEAr (pair)

For Halloween this year the girls are a pear (a pair).  I'd been trying to find the perfect halloween costume...especially since I was so excited to finally have a girl(s).  I looked all over the internet and all the ideas for twins were the same and I wanted to be more original.  Then literally pears popped into my mind and to even make it better...the word pear had both an E and an A for their names.

They first debuted their outfits at Jaden's school halloween carnival.  Anytime I take them out; especially in their side-by-side stroller they are crowd stoppers.  The unfortunate part was the many thought they were "peas in a pod", which was one of the many twin ideas, and I just would smile. 

I thought these outfits were especially fitting because these two little girls adore each other and I'm sure they'll be a pair through out life.  If they are next to each other, they are holding hands. 

Right after we got home from the carnival the girls were sick for a week...they had to do that together too!  Up until that week I felt like that twin thing was ok and not too overwelming but it shattered my reality when they went from waking up once a night to every half hour...they didn't even do that when they were first born.  One evening I was up with Alisha for 2 hours and right when I went and laid her down Eli woke up for two hours.  They still aren't back to the "waking up once a night" but it has improved and slowly my sanity is too!

They have now outgrown sharing a crib and it broke my heart to seperate them but besides the fact they can't hold hands they are much more comfortable.  Eli is loving the extra space and is all over the place.   I think Alisha misses Eli though...she seems to be my one that wakes up.  I love these girls!

1 comment:

Halley said...

What a cute Idea!!!!! I was gonna have my kids be a double stuffed oreo (the twins being the middle) but I didnt get around to making it so now they are lady bugs and trains lol cute idea!!!