Saturday, October 8, 2011

Some of our weeks happenings!

Our week has definately been interesting.  We went from temps in the high 60's to a lot of snow.  Jaden and Landon also were out of school on Thursday and Friday so we needed some activities to fill our days.  On Thursday we went swimming on then on Friday Gracie and Easton came over. 

The original plan was all the kids to go outside and play in the snow and they did...for about 10 minutes.  Gracie stayed outside and played forever and made this masterpiece.  I was so proud of her that I told her she could take my camera and take pictures but to also make sure she got some of my boys (since I didn't want to go out in the cold).  She took a lot of pictures (they are hilarious but way to many to post) but none were of my boys...Landon was evening sporting a santa clause hat so that picture would have been fun:):):)

The kids also got paid to kill flys.  Our house is infested since our doors are open ALL the time.  That kept them busy for a while because they wanted the nickel I'd pay them for each one they killed.  60 cents later Gracie then paid Jaden to come outside and play with her...I told Jaden I was very disappointed that she had to pay him to play with her. 



Today the boys built a "Monster Machine" at the build and grow workshop that Lowe's has every other week.  Jaden was very proud and insisted I take a picture.  He LOVES to build there projects and memorizes the upcoming ones and dates to make sure he doesn't miss one.

The girls managed to get themselves in yet another pickle....it's usually Eli's fault.
Landon spent the week chasing our neighbors cat...he's obsessed. I've apologized to my neighbors and told them I wished maybe there cat would give him a little scratch so he'd leave it alone and they told me they saw their cat attack Landon and it didn't faze him.  He is improving so much with his language skills and it's funny to hear the things he'll say.  When all the kids were killing flys Easton was holding a fly swatter and I told him that I saw a fly...pointing at Landon.  Landon then said "there's a fly on my nose" and I said "no, you are the fly." He replied, "no, mommies the fly."  Such silly and simple words but I love hearing and understanding them. 
We went to an army surplus store.  They had a lot of different display items and they boys thought it was really neat.  Jaden kept saying how Landon looked so much better in the picture because he was wearing camo.  We didn't plan that:)
 This picture is through my dirtly windshield on my phone with the sun blaring so the quality is poor but I get a kick out of the kids Jaden's gives rides from school on his bike.  Since the girls are too small for the bike trailer and I'm too nervous to let Jaden go by himself we always follow him in the car.  He usually has a friend on the back and it's a very SLOW drive home. 
 Today Jaden wanted to go to Kmart with his "fly killing quarters" to play the claw machines.  I HATE those things and I will never let him play them because I told him that you NEVER win.  On his third quarter he earned a TINY eraser and put me in my place...he was so excited!  Now I guess I have to let him play them.
 After I bathed the girls tonight I was getting them in their pj's and they were holding hands.  They almost ALWAYS hold hands and I love it.  I was talking to another mother of twins who are 3 months older then the girls and she says they are just now noticing each other.  The girls have been aware of each other from day one and I love that bond!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I cannot believe you guys have snow already. CRAZY!!

Love the pic of the girls holding hands. What a special bond they will have in life.