Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oh...the reality

Today I went to the gym....I go to the gym almost every day. 

Have I lost any weight since the twins were born...NO!  Have I eaten any sugar or processed foods for a month...NO!  BUT still I get to hold onto all the baby weight plus what was there before.  I think my little friend the mirena may be partially to blame but were aren't getting rid of her just yet because the consequences could be worse:)

But this post isn't about complaining; it's about the reality that my days don't completely consist of adorable little babies and two handsome perfect little boys. 

Here's the positives of my gyms adventures because I really have a lot of positives.  Today I first dropped Landon, Alisha, and Eli off at the gym daycare.  We are greeted with "it's the twins (they are so NICE!)" and then "wow, we don't know how you do it getting here for the 8:30am class".  Seriously, they make me feel so good.  I hesitated to even get a gym membership because I was a little worried the greeting would be more like "it's the twins" (muttered sarcastically under their breaths). 

Then as I entered my class the cutest (I'm guessing 80 year old) woman came over and asked me if I could look at the zipper on her jacket (probably 10 years old).  The part to pull it had broken off but "it's a perfectly good jacket" she said.  I looked and anazlyed it and told her I could see a tiny hole she might be able to thread something through.  She said "oh my old eyes just couldn't see it".  Then two seconds later she literally folded in half.  She is probably the most limber person I've ever seen.  There are two OLDER ladies that come to this REALLY hard class and they keep up.  I love watching them...they are seriously amazing. 

Like any day at the gym I sweat a ton and get a red face.  Today my face felt very hot and I looked in the mirror and it looked purple.  Needless to say at the end of class the second older lady took one look at me and said "wow, you got a good workout." 

When I was done I headed to pick up my kids and all the daycare ladies (there's like 6 of them) were raving about my children and commenting on the good workout I must have gotten:):):)  Then two seconds later the 1st older lady ran into the daycare to show me she could now see the small hole...she was so excited. 

Yes...this is my reality (sweaty, red faced, makeup-less) but I gotta say that all these people make my day at the gym fun and entertaining and uplifting...who cares about the stubborn weight that won't come off.  And the other exciting this that I can finally now do it the whole stomach workout.  I blamed the twins for my inability for a long time and decided they could no longer be my scape goat....today I did it and it didn't kill me.

4 comments:

Halley said...

I am going through the same thing right now and have been for awhile.. I stopped drinking pop sugars are not included in anything i eat and i run 10 miles a week!! and nothing i mean not even an ounce off. And i too have the mirena.. hmmm but like you said better this then the other thing right haha... I took up zumba or a high cardio work out and i now have lost 17 lbs but not from the right areas. So i too am makeup less red in the face and feeling like i will die before i make it to the car after a work out but you give me hope that it will go away and that i can do this. oh the wonderful world we live in with twins and two boys right :) i dont think many can say that like we can :)

Jenna Johnson said...

I know you say you haven't lost weight but you look like you have...REALLY! You look great...I can't wait for our class friday...I'm actually nervous!

Funky Monkey said...

Way to go Kim! Guess the red face, sweat-like-a-dog thing runs in the family. I love the gym for the same reason. It's a boost to the old self esteem every day. :)

Funky Monkey said...

BTW, start taking your measurements rather than watching the scale. Jenna commented that you look like you've lost weight so could be you are losing inches but not weight because muscle weighs more than fat. You're building up those muscles-which will in turn burn the fat faster. Don't get discouraged! You have more willpower than anyone so I know you will get where you want to be-even if it's a slow, painful process.

Oh, and I have two little 82-year old ladies that are the same way at my gym. Stop and ask me questions every day. Love them.