Thursday, May 26, 2011

This BOY!

My little Landon is quite the character. Apparently he's getting a little bored around our home because this is his new favorite toy...a toy we bought when Jaden was 1. But it's not the basketball portion of it he likes; he likes to wear it. I informed him if he kept this up it would be his halloween costume:)


I worry about this kid. He still is very delayed in speaking even though he now attends weekly speech lessons. His therapist does think part of the problem is that he's so shy & she struggles to make a lot of progress with him for this reason so starting next month Landon will have lessons twice a week. I also was at a hearing clinic yesterday having Eliza's hearing checked since she didn't pass the one in the hospital & asked them if I could have Landon's hearing checked (we did this a year ago but I just want to double check & rule everything out.)They can do it with a referral so I'll have to start working on that:)




I have come to really appreciate something through this TINY trial and that is how blessed I am that my kids are healthy & we really don't have a lot of issues we have to address. At his speech & language clinic most of the children have severe disabilities. Some of the things I see break my heart. Many of the kids are dropped off by a transport service & I'm grateful I get to take Landon & talk to his therapist after each lesson. There are a couple of other moms that sit in the waiting room too & their attitudes are so wonderful despite some of the challenges that they face. I'm drawn to one mom in particular; she has identical 4 year old boys that I believe have MD. They are the cutest, well adjusted little boys I have ever seen and I just want to squeeze them. On top of that because many children are dropped off by transport she helps watch them in the waiting room while they wait for their appointment....some of them have severe behavior problems and it can get really loud.


Jaden waits in the waiting room with me (the girls too). I really appreciate that Jaden doesn't seem to notice that some of these kids have challenges. One day he was staring at a little boy with down syndrome & I didn't know what to do. He then informed me he wanted an Ipad like he had (he and his mom were doing learning game on it.) I was so relieved that it was jealousy he was experiencing. I like my kids to be exposed to this so they can learn compassion, to never judge others, & that we can be friends with everyone. Jaden is too....he's made a couple of friends while we wait.

No comments: