Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day!

Mothers day definitely takes on a new meaning when you are blessed with two precious angels in the same week.

Chris and I keep talking about what an amazing experience it is to have a child be born & we were both a little sad to realize we probably won't go through the experience again.


As we've reflected back on this week we realize how incredibly blessed we are. We are so fortunate to have two healthy little babies despite so many possibilities of thinks that could go wrong. Statistically our girls had a lot of strikes against them. The two-vessel umbilical cord is only a 5% chance for twins...they both had this. Then to find out little Alisha had a valementous cord insertion which is only an 8% chance in their twin type & to recognize a stillborn baby was very probable with this condition. We are so humbled to be so blessed!


On Friday Jaden had a mothers day program at school that I just couldn't miss. Many thought I was crazy to already be out & about but I just had to be there & it was so adorable. Unfortunately being a little spacey I forgot the video camera & my regular camera but I did these cute pictures that Jaden drew on "Kid Pic". They also did a silhouette of each child to give to their mothers. Last night when I told Jaden how much it looked like him he informed me that it looked like Abraham Lincoln:):):)













Chris likes to take the boys to "Lowes Build & Grow" workshops. Yesterday they did a mothers day project & it was so cute to see them get their aprons and goggles on & to see their excitement to go build something. Jaden built his completely all by himself & was so proud of it. One of these days I'll actually capture pictures of their excitement...it truly puts a smile on my face.


Today I had to have a picture of all my little ones together...I keep forgetting to take pictures. Since Chris was at the church I braved letting both boys hold one baby for the occasion. They were both so proud...me, I was a little nervous & didn't require them to pose for a perfect picture but snapped it as quickly as I could.
I just love all 4 of them and I'm grateful to be their mom!

No comments: