Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We've grown

Oh, these cuties are so much fun! I may regret these words (especially putting them in writing) but having twins has been easier then I expected. Either I made the expectations of them too great or I've just been blessed to have really good babies! I'm not saying it's easy but just easier then I expected:)


Eliza is the higher maintenance of the two & likes to be held. She also notices when Alisha is missing & I just love that about her.


Alisha is almost always a very mellow and sweet baby. She's easier to calm down when she is upset & I just love to snuggle her little body.

Overall we've gotten into a routine...the only thing that would make it better is warmer weather & the girls to be a little bit bigger so we can go out more:) I can tell that poor Landon is feeling a little couped up. We've done some mini bike rides...me pushing the stroller with the girls & lots of wrestling. Either my boys have become even more boyish since we had the girls or they've always been this way & I never noticed until now. They love to wrestle & make lots of noise. Landon loves to play different super heroes & exercise his LOUD powers on the girls. The plus side is that they can sleep through almost anything.

Today was the girls two week appointment & they are growing like crazy. I'm usually not one to ask a lot of questions & make the doctor double check everything but I sure did today since I'm not totally sure why the girls were different sizes. So I made him check Eliza's heart really well (in twin-to-twin the dominate baby can have heart issues; we don'tknow if it was twin-to-twin) and look at Alisha's coloring & one of her eyes has been getting goobers. Yes, these sound so silly but I just like to be re-assured they are healthy:) I haven't been a great picture taker since my arms are almost always full but here's some fun ones that make me smile.

Chris and I have been getting really creative with getting the girls around the house. Since we have two full sets of stairs we really feel the need to improvise & take them as little as possible. That means we get very creative when it come to transporting the girls...often done in twos:):):) Today I told myself that it was ok to go up & down the stairs twice as much because its good exercise and boy do I need it. Telling myself that & doing it are two different things:)

We go out very little but when we do it takes a litte bit more work then usual. We try to go between naps, feedings, & diaper changes but sometimes it doesn't always work out perfect. When they start walking life will be a little bit easier but right now I'm lugging two car seats & hoping for some very tone arms...today I used Eliza as my weights because she wouldn't stop crying while I was working out. She was happy & my arms felt the burn!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh...I cannot wait to see and hold them. Lugging two carseats around will whip you into shape in no time at all-at least you'll have some killer biceps. :)

Rachel said...

You're working out already? You must be crazy! :) I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks! Glad they are doing so well.

Kayli said...

I'm glad to hear that the twinsies and doing so good, and that you are doing good. I hope to someday meet them, when they are still little, they are so adorable!