Wednesday, October 7, 2009

picking a pumpkin


We hoped to grow our own pumpkin patch this year but our poor garden produced very little. We ended up with a small pumkin & I knew that wasn't going to do so last night we went to the pumpkin patch to let the boys pick out pumpkins.


I really didn't want to go...I should mention I should be named the BEST sister ever!!!! I cleaned out Jenna's spider room aka. storage room in her new house. The dust that I stirred up coated me & all I wanted to do was take a shower & curl up by the fire. I was at her house all day & figured I should make myself useful (getting new countertops in all my bathrooms, pictures to come soon...he's taking so long, I have to leave again today.)


So anyways I shook off my lack of desire to stay at home and I'm so glad I did. There was a chill in the air but they boys didn't seem to notice & they covered every inch of the pumpkin patch. They ran, laughed, Landon loved running down the little hills yelling "ready, set, go" although he did more of the voice influctions then actually saying the words. We all can understand our childrens languages:)


So the mud from the patch added to the dust that coated my body but it was a FUN night and it creates memories, right????

3 comments:

Nield Moments said...

Yes- creating memories is what it is all about! Looks like fun!

I love your new header, your pictures are darling!!!! I think you need to teach me how to make one of those headers out of all the different pictures. I can't seem to figure it out. Yes, I am a simpleton! :D

Maegan said...

Yea, I am totally digging pumpkins! By the way, loving your hair in your new pics.! Your family looks so cute!

Brittney said...

wait...I just saw the comment from "Nield" and had to go back to see the new header she was talking about. I missed it when I first came onto your site. I LOVE it...all the pictures turned out great and you all look great! Who took the pics?