Saturday, October 17, 2009

laughing all the way!

I realize I miss out on opportunities of documenting some of the funny things that Jaden says. Chris and I just laugh at the things he comes up with and I want to make sure I document all of them the best I can. I've realized that Jaden's mind never stops...he's constantly thinking about something and he has an amazing memory and recalls things from when he was very small. He doesn't pronunciate well and I sometimes wonder if it's because his mind is moving so fast that his mouth gets confused.

On Thursday morning we headed to Utah and here's some of the funny things he said on the drive & through out our stay.
-When we lived in Washington we took Jaden to chuckee cheese a couple of times. He was very young but he remembers & can I just say we passed about 5 of those in Utah and every time he shouted in excitement. Sadly, we didn't take him while we were there.
-He noticed ALL the letters on the mountains & wanted to know what they stood for.
-We told him we had to come home today because he had cousins coming to visit (Wyatt.) He really wanted to stay & play in Utah. When we told him that he was going to miss out playing with Gracie & Wyatt he said that Gracie needed to come to Utah to see her grandma Johnson & that he'd wait for her.
-He thinks his 15 year old cousin Anthony is his buddy & kept asking where his buddy was.
-Walking out of our hotel we passed an older couple. He went up to them & asked them if they lived there. He then asked them not to take his room....he loves hotel rooms.
-He loves CARDS & at every store he shopped in he had to get a gift card. He's now got a Nordstrom, Old Navy, and a room key.
-Re-entering Idaho we showed him the sign that showed we were in Idaho. A couple signs later he saw a sign and said "That sign says 'Idaho Falls, a long way away."
-Jaden really wanted to roll his window down on the way home. Chris told him that if we did it might suck Landon out of the car. Jaden said that Landon was buckled but Chris informed him he could still be sucked out of the car. Jaden then asked Chris if they could go home & drop Landon off so that they could roll the window down.
-Jaden loves the phrase "that's a good idea" or "I have a good idea." We heard that all weekend.
-Passing Lagoon he said "Grandma Murphy needs to come visit so that she can go to Lagoon with us".
-When we were pulling into town I called my mom to find out where all the family was (my brother Jeff & Cory plus families came into town this weekend) and Wyatt wanted to talk to Jaden on the phone. Wyatt insisted to Jaden that he was at his house but they were really at Jenna's. Jaden was so angry when we didn't go home & said that Wyatt said they were at his house. When we pulled up Wyatt & Jaden gave eachother a good tackle:)

I'm sure there are so many I'm forgetting but I've got to go play with family. Only took a short blogging break while my washer is going! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Devin and Brittney Wood Family said...

What a great idea to document some of the things that your kids say or do to make you laugh each day! I really need to be better about that,thank you for the inspiration!

Brittney said...

Look at that, your first two comments are both from Brittney's (spelled the same even). :)

I am laughing right now about this post. I can picture Jaden saying each one of them. He's such a character. I especially love the one about him wanting to drop Landon off so that he could roll down the window. Don't you wish you could get into his brain sometime. It would be very interesting! :)

Charayne said...

It's funny what they come up with. I'm sure he was just lovin' vacation. It sure was fun to see you, thanks for taking the time to visit with us. So sorry for the craziness, next time it will be totally posh...promise!

Brandi said...

What a great little guy he seems to be! Don't you just love the wonderful things they bring into our lives. I just couldn't imagine my life without my kids...they make me so happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Murphy wants to go to Lagoon !

Holly said...

How cute!!
K, you have to be careful at Build a Bear, some of their cards that are right in little hands reaching distance have money value on them already for purchase. We found that out with out little guy who likes to take cards from stores as well. Not so funny when you notice it actually is worth the $20 it says on it. Fun explaining that to Build a Bear as well!