Thursday, October 8, 2009

grandma DAY

My mom tries to do grandma days every so often. Landon typically doesn't get to go because she takes the kids for the full day (there's 3 of them) and Landon needs a nap plus that's a lot of kids to take to fun places by yourself.

Yesterday as our handyman started into our upstairs bathrooms I realized that Landon wouldn't be able to take a nap anyways & really didn't want to hang out with him all day so Landon and I decided to join them on their grandma day. (BTW, bathrooms are still not done...sheesh!)


We went to Bear World. I'm so glad that Landon got to go because he had the funnest although all the kids had a blast. We of course toured the park & the kids got to see lots of animals including the bears. Then afterwards we went & watched them feed the baby cubs & walked around & then they went on the rides. There were only a couple of other kids so they got to chose which rides to go on. Landon laughed so LOUD the entire time and screamed when I pulled him off a ride. He thought they were the greatest.


One quick little story...when we were driving & seeing the animals I of course had to tease everyone & tell them the bears were hungry and that we needed to feed them someone. As I listed everyones name someone would have a reason why they couldn't be the one fed to the bear. Finally they settled on me but of course Jaden said the bears couldn't eat his mom so I said "how about grandma." Jaden with his tender heart said, "mom, she's your mom, you don't want to feed her to the bears." So apparently we all loved each other to much to feed anyone of us to the bears.


I'm so grateful for such a fun grandma for my kids. The kids are already calling dibs on where they'd like to go next. Gracie votes for Leo's Place but Jaden informed them that they need to check out Blast Off.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

SO Jealous! We get the grandma grams but it's just not the same thing as spending time with the grandma (especially when she's as great a grandma as mom). For some reason the pic won't enlarge when I click on it but it looks like you all had a lot of fun.

That's so cute what Jaden said about Grandma. I can just picture the wheels turning in his head wondering why you would even consider such a thing. :)