Saturday, October 24, 2009

Investing

I'm sure all of us try to make good investing decisions to maximize every dollar we have. Sometimes we make mistakes & sometimes we succeed. Today I discovered (why it took me this long to figure out, I don't know) how to maximize my money to the fullest!

FAMILY!!!!

The reason I came to this realization today was because of two items that came in the mail...I'll back up & begin with my first point.

About a month ago my sister Brittney that lives in Atlanta asked me to grab some items at the craft store here & mail them to her for a super Saturday. A whopping $13.87 later including shipping the items were on their way to Atlanta. Today, a check of $13.87 & a $10 gift card to Jamba Juice.

Last week my mom, Jenna, & I canned at my house. To avoid too many cooks in the kitchen my mom shampooed my house & Jenna's. Knowing my mom & the fact that she wouldn't let us pay for the shampooer (even though it didn't even clean her carpets) & I thought'd I'd outsmart her. If the shampooer is returned clean you get a $20 deposit back. So instead of giving my mom $20 in cash I gave her a $50 check for the shampooer; I was holding the $20 ransom in the check. Today, $30 cash came in the mail.

Then I started reflecting on how this is an ongoing occurance in my family. It even involves the in-laws. A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law Dianna argued on the phone about money. I photoshoped some stuff for her. She thought that I should be paid for my time...REALLY! I'm not professional...not even close. I'd be embarrassed to take money. We resolved this problem with her cutting a board for me.

And I think the best investments would be with my dad. I never invest any money & somehow it spews back out.

Sheesh...so my point is; invest with my family. The return is endless!!!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

FINALLY a post about me and not the other sister- and to think it doesn't even involve a ridiculous picture of me in curlers-hehe! :)I seriously owed you big time for all the running around I made you do. :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good thought !
Not a bit of it surprises me - I love your mother !

Brandi said...

That is just a great way to think about things! Families are best. I have ALWAYS loved to be around your families though. I think of all the fun times that we had at your house...if only I could remember everything! You do have an incredible family!!!

Holly said...

That is such great advice!! I love how you view things. It makes me sit back and think about my blessing of a family...maybe I need to return a little on my investment, if you know what I mean!
; )