Friday, August 28, 2009

water=a dead cell phone

We just got back from Rigby Lake. A beautiful day & many kids being back in school made it a perfect time to go. We went with our friends Jenn, Emily, & Griffin.

Jaden & Emily had so much fun swimming & eventually Jaden informed me he didn't want to wear his life jacket. I told him that was fine AS LONG as he didn't go in the water. He could build sand castles. He agreed & him & Emily went off with some new found friends building sand castles. Landon built his own sand castles & I continually cast my eyes between the two making sure they were ok until eventually I saw Jaden floating out on a log. At first...I was ok because he was still in water shallow enough that it wasn't over his head & I told him to come back. Slowly, he floats out further so I near the water to tell him to kick his way back...not successful so I decide I'm going to walk around to the Island...the side he's closer to. As I'm walking my swimsuit stap comes undone (the only one holding up my suit). I'm trying to fix this as I'm walking & glance back to check on Jaden only to see that he's let go of the log & that he's drowning. Fear of flashing everyone and the fact that I still had my shorts on with my cell phone aside, I went running into the water to Jaden's rescue. Thankfully the little guy did great at kicking & I was able to see enough of his head to find him & pull him to safety. So...I'm not sure if I flashed everyone, that thought left my mind as I ran BUT my cell did not survive. THANKFULLY THE MOST IMPORTANT DID SURVIVE...JADEN!

4 comments:

Maegan said...

Oh my gosh Kimri. That is a classic story. I couldn't help but giggle as I read it. I am so happy that Jaden is safe though. Good thing he is a fantastic kicker!

Em and Russ said...

Glad Jaden was okay. Who cares about the cell phone anyway right. It was worth it to be able to keep Jaden.

Russ and Emily

Brandi said...

OH MY HECK...IM SO SORRY! That is one of the most scarry and intense moments ever. I hate it when I feel like something could happen to my kiddos! Im so glad that it was just your cell phone that was lost in this little incedent! I say FLASH...FLASH...FLASH everything in those moments! AUGGGGG...Im so glad that he is okay!

Brittney said...

So scary...I've had a couple of those experiences when you think your child is going to die and it's like slow motion-you just can't get there quick enough.

Sorry about the whole flashing incident. That's pretty embarrasing!