Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where I was....

Chris informed me that I'd always remember where I was when Michael Jackson died like our parents did with Elvis. I can't say that I really followed Michael Jackson career so he's never impacted my life in any way. I can truely say I'll always remember where I was on 9/11 but I wasn't sure about this so I thought I better blog about it.

On Thursday we went up to Island Park to celebrate our anniversary. When we first arrived we went & checked into our hotel & we were very disappointed. We've usually stayed in pretty nice hotel's so we were disappointed when we got a full sized bed & there were no amentities....I'm not sure why I was expecting a lot in Island Park. After we checked in we went canoing & actually had a lot of fun. We canoed on a river so we had a current to contend with but we got it down & also worked some muscles. After that we went back & got ready & then went to a dinner Theatre. It was fun & we met a bunch of really nice people. That ended at 9pm & we weren't sure what to do so we headed to West Yellowstone. While we were walking the streets we wondered why we would sleep in a full sized bed when we have the most marvelous king size bed at home not that far away. We made the decision to go & get our stuff, drop the keys off in the drop box, & get home getting to sleep at 2 am. It was an adventure that I'm sure we won't forget:):):) We also learned that we probably need to check out the amentities before we make the reservation to get what we want. Expensive lesson learned.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Wow...the hotel must have REALLY been bad to drive all the way home at 2 a.m. Yeah, driving is always a really fun way to spend your anniversary! :)

Those are fun pics of Jaden's b-day. For some reason I thought it's been so cold there so I was surprised to see all the water fun. It must be warming up a bit. I sure hope it is. I am not looking forward to cold in two days!