Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Summer thus far...

Our summer thus far has consisted of rain. It's truely been a sad thing for me since I had so many fun activities planned that consisted of no rain. The positive side is that all my flowers, garden, & grass are getting fed very well. Here are before & after pic's of our garden adventure. This was a project that I've dreaded since we moved into our home because I knew it wouldn't be a simple task. First off, our entire backyard has brick lined flower/tree gardens that are beautiful but very time consuming. I knew I wanted my garden to blend in with the landscraping but also knew I was going to also have to remove a lot of landscraping unless I wanted it in the middle of my backyard (wouldn't look very pretty.) So as you can see in the before pic's we have trees, bushes, vines, bricks, & grass that had to be removed. Oh headache!!!!! After this was done we relined the backyard with brick (can't see very well since we can't mow since it won't stop raining) & planted a drawf peach tree, strawberries, corn, tomatos, green onions, peppers, squash, cucumbers, pumpkins....we are in for a FEAST!!!! BTW, I'm totally aware that by removing the landscaping it totally shows my fence that needs to be painted. This is an ongoing project since I'll already painted two gallons on only one a small section. It is also time consuming since wood isn't the best surface to paint. Probably by the end of the summer this small section will be done:):):)


With rain also brings Jaden to disappointment. He was supposed to start t-ball yesterday. We gave him his mit on Sunday as an early birthday present & he was so excited all day yesterday. As it continued to rain I got worried but thought just maybe they'd get to play. When we showed up his coach had already left. So to keep Jaden from getting too disappointed we went & purchased umbrellas. It did the trick. He played in the backyard with his umbrella for quite a while. (Picture taken through a window...thus it's not very clear.)











And this little guy is the best boy to ever get a haircut. Jaden is the worst but Landon was so pleasant & fabulous as he got his hair cut. Landon is improving in his independence...something I'm so grateful for. There was a while that I thought I was going to lose my mind since he wanted to be held non-stop.






Chris has two more weeks of travelling...was supposed to be done this week. So we're going to go with him part of next week since Jaden is really missing his daddy. Mentally I am done this week so I'm prepping myself up for a couple of more.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garden looks great, I wish I could be home to help and play more. I miss you guys

Chris

Maegan said...

Looks fantastic! You guys sure are good little workers! I totally cannot believe all of the rain. We should get the kiddos and do something! Jackson is finally over strep and feeling better!

Aj's crazy days said...

How fun you went and bought umbrellas. We went for ice cream.

The garden looks great. What Behind the mysterious wood box?